Chapter 21

They spotted a empty space far away from the bell tower and the kin slowly descended down. They all hopped the the pouches, when Jasmine ran towards Prin, happily.
" Oh Prin, you saved us!" She cried, hugging her tightly. Prim giggled.
" Of course, I did."
" All of you. Thank you so much," said Lief.
" You bet, after all that's what friends are for!" said Prin, grinning. She looked around.
" But... Where did Archie run off too?"
" Archie came with you?" said Jasmine, surprised. Prin nodded.
" He was right behind me a minute ago... There you are!" They turned to see Archie walking towards them, holding on to May tightly. Lief gasped.
" May? What are you--" May smirked and looked down at Archie, nudging him.
" Go on." Archie nodded, hesitantly.
" Sorry Prin for running off... Are you angry with me?" Prin huffed, then smiled.
" No you silly billy! Just don't do that again," she warned. May laughed.
" Hello to you too, Prin." She leaned in for a hug." No time no see." She turned to Lief, who looked a bit unnerved.
" Don't worry about me, Lief. I'm okay, really." She spun around." See!"
" I still think that you should be resting," mumbled Lief. Archie didn't look happy.
" May, are you hurt?"
" What happened," gasped Prin. May grinned.
" That's not important. Along as I can get by, I'm fine." Bam. They all turned the sudden burst from some trapdoors nearby. May smiled, sheepishly.
" Looks like they found me. Haha..." Kest growled.
" May, get yourself back here right now. We haven't finished putting on the final touches to your bandages yet!"
" Who's 'we'?" asked Jasmine. Kest smiled proudly and pointed at Dian, who wasn't too far behind.
" Dain, here is an expert." Jasmine and Barda took on defensive positions.
" Dain, what is it you want now?" growled Jasmine. Dain scratched his head.
" Have you come back to take the belt again?" said Barda, taking his sword out.
" Woah, woah, woah. Wait a minute you two. Dain here isn't the enemy. Well, not anymore." Dain smiled, apologetically.
" I'm sorry if I've offended you in any way, please let me make it up to you." Jasmine and Barda didn't move.
" He don't really remember anything, after I changed him," explained Kest.
" Changed him?" said Jasmine.
" He's a different person now."
" But--"
" There's no time for an explanation!" They heard laughter from above, and they all looked up. Fallow, followed by a few grey guards, smirked.
" Look whose betraying their master now," said Fallow, grinning at Dain. Dain squirmed under his look." No matter, I have important matters to take care of." He turned to Lief.
" Hand the belt over, little boy," he demanded." Or would you like to see you parents' death?" Across them, they Lief's parents tied up and blindfolded. Lief growled, but stayed surprisingly quiet.
" Come on, now. That belt cannot be more precious than your parents," laughed Fallow." But then, there only one way to find out, shall I begin?"