Chapter 17

The bells rang throughout the palace, as Lief, Gla-thon , Glock and Nanion ran, guided by Manus.
" I wonder, what that was for?" muttered Lief. He looked up at the sound of Kree's loud screeching from above the bell tower. Lief looked closely and smiled. Wherever Kree was, Jasmine had to be nearby. In this case, the bell tower.
" Kree's saying that they're in the bell tower." Lief grinned, happy he knew their location, but it wasn't before long that they were being chased.
" There they are!" Grey Guards came running from every direction.
" Don't worry, we'll take them out for ya," said Glock, smiling. Everyone nodded their heads. Lief blinked, confused.
" Yeah, go," agreed Gla-thon.
" Go Lief," said Nainon. Manus grabbed Lief's hand.
" They're right." Lief sighed.
" Good luck." He then turned to forward Manus, climbing up the nearest wall to them, sprouting with vines.
" They're getting away!" yelled one grey guard, aiming their blister. Gla-thon shot him down, before he could.
" You better believe it," she said, shooting some more arrows. Glock threw big rocks at those who tried to escape from the sides, while Nainon fought them off with his sword.

Up above, Manus ad Lief had reached the top of the wall and ran to a tower. Manus then bent down to find a trigger, that opened up two arrowheads from the inside. Manus aimed for another tower and a rope was released. Lief looked impressed. He took hold of the rope and started moving across at a slow, but steady pace, Manus not too far behind. There was a large commotion of grey guards headed their way. Manus knew they would catch up in not time, and did the only thing his could think of. He took his knife out and cut the rope. And they were soon falling...