2- the strange baby

Pov Margot/Jane

Since my end would come at the age of 20, a year after being married to the prince, since i had only 14 years before meeting the prince and 20 before meeting my death, i needed to gather as much knowlegde as possible since the books usually did not go in details when it comes to those things.

I needed to make the most of my time and since i could control a bit of that baby body and mother would often go to the library to pick a book to read for me, i memorized my way towards the library but the only problem was the tall jail like bars surrounding my bed and preventing me from going anywhere.

After a few hundreds of trials and a few hundreds of falling on my butt cheeks, i started crying, hoping that Liz, my maid, would come and 'play with me'

Its only been a few weeks since i was born and I was already labelled a strange kid who hated toys but loved books.

Luckily, after these few weeks, mother seemed to understand that i loved her reading me books or simply 'playing ' with them

She would often read to me some fairy tale books and even though it wasn't as informing as those i choose to 'play ' with from the library, it still something since i learnt about the norms, values, rules and some magic of this world.

Firstly, what i gathered was that this land's magic can vary and not everyone had magical powers. The most powerful magic that someone could possess were light, black, fire, earth, water, air. There were a lot of magic that existed in this world and there were even almost useless magics like creating bubbles or sparkles.

Commoners normally had no magical powers or had those useless ones, rare were the case of ome having an elemental magic, whereas it was more common for nobles to have them and some, who are concidered as genius could even used two types of magic.

The prince, for example, was able to use 2 elemental magic- fire and air whereas, the heroine seemed to be able to use 1 elemental magic- light which was considered a divine power that bought good luck and fortune.

There are also cases of those who are unable to activate their magic powers like Jane who was regarded as a worthless trash since she could not activate them. But it was not something shocking since the original Jane was a dumb idiot and could only see jealousy towards the heroine who had the love of her fiancee and then husband.

Reading the book that i took from the library and did not let go when mother told me to, i gathered knowledge about medecine.

Medecine was not necessarily magic but it would be a plus if you had light magic. Being a healer in this world was a bit like a doctor on earth except that potions were used instead of pills.

Studying medecine was a very demanding task as if you wanted to be a good healer, you needed to deal with poisons.

Each days went by and even if everyone found it strange that i was attached to books and gossiped about me being a strange genius, i did not mind and my parents still loved me unconditionally and father would always noe bring books for me to 'play' with.