11_library part 2

Pov Richard

Jane is a really weird kid, after telling me to fetch the 3 books she could not reach, she sat down on the red carpet and invited me to sit next to her.

She took the first book and putting it in the middle so we could both read it at the same time. She opened it and with a very concentrated expression she started reading.

At first it quite shocked me that she could read and understand those complicated words that i too didn't know.

She was really unlike how i thought she would be. I've met lots of little girls like her but then again, they were nothing but spoil brats who knew nothing about life, chasing what they call a handsome prince charming  or crying for nothing.

She was really cute and ressembled her mother very much. With pale blue hair and ocean blue eyes.

She wore an adorable white dress with ruffles everywhere and a pair of black shoes.

She was very mature for a five year old and the more time i passed with her, the more i wanted to be with her.

After finishing the first book which was mainly introducing us to poison, she picked up the second one and before opening it, she suddenly smiled at me.

My heart skip a beat and before i knew it, my cheeks felt kind of warm.

I looked away from her and find an excuse."I need a coffee break..."

I immediately rushed to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

My cheeks and ears were all red! I rinsed my face but it was no use. 

I clean up the water that splatered on the floor and rushed to the library before Jane thought something was wrong.

But when i arrived at the library, Jane was not inside and i suddenly panicked. Turning back, i saw her behind me with a cup of milk.

"You were taking your time to take your coffee! I went to the kitchen but did not saw you..."

I suddenly burst out laughing hearing that she took what i said literally.

"I meant the bathroom" i replied.

She suddenly lowered her face and looked at her shoed that were moving up and down. Her ears were all red and i could somehow see through her long blue hair, her cheeks that were coloured with a tinge of red. She was embarassed.

It gave me the urge to hug her in my arms and apologize for making her feel that way.

I wanted to protect her from those ugly people whose heart were as black as that of my father.

I felt the urge of not letting her experience what i did...

After drinking her milk, a funny mustache formed above her lips. I genuinely smiled for the first time in years and using my handkerchief, i wipe her face and put my handkerchief back in my pocket.

We picked up the book we were reading and silently continued.

A few hours went by when Jane suddenly pull my sleeve and said:

"I really want to start swordmanship, can we go ask father now and we will train together?"

Thinking for a while, i did not really want her to train as she might get hurt in the process but me starting training was a very good idea and i could much sooner protect her like a big brother should!

Besides, she said we would train together, meaning i would be by her side...

"Okay!" I immediately agreed and soon, she closed the book she was holding and we went to father's office

____

Merry christmas!!! I'm sorry if my schedule is a bit off ( i planned more chapters but....some things came up..)

But please enjoy💖💖