22_the bet part 1

After being settled in his big, luxurious room, prince alfred sat in front of his desk thinking about how he will be willing to give him his daughter.

Duke Winchester was known, since forever to be stubborn but wise and lucky. He loves his family, especialky his daughter whom he spoils every single time he was at home.

"But, he loves bets" karl suddenly spoke, disrupting Alfred's thinking.

"Rewind that..." asked Alfred as he was uncertain if he heard what karl said.

"He love bets" repeated karl, making Alfred gain a tinge of hope of convincing the duke to participate.

The plan wasn't sophisticated but he needed his father's help.

Alfred's father first needed to call the duke for some 'important' matters, then, after the short, simple discussion, then, he will 'accidentally' bump into the duke where, he will talk about bets and make a bet with the duke where the winner will get one thing that he wants the most.

The plan was perfect and Alfred immediately went to execute it by asking his father for help.

The king immediately accepted by calling the duke over to discuss"important matters"

Standing under the window besides the door, Alfred was listening to his father's terribly bad excuse.

"Well, i call you here today to discuss about.... about... ummm"
"About?" Duke winchester asked a bit impatient as he wanted to return back home to taste his daughter's handmade cookies.

With the king, trying to find an excuse and acting like he forgot the 'important matter' he tended his ear to his right hand man whom whispered a few words.

"That's right! Its about that! I want to make the 22 of next month a holiday to celebrate ummm euuuuhhh pillow fighting day! I mean night! And the morning as.... ummm bir... no... raa ..no.....uhhh that right! Dates day!"

After 30 minutes of 'important discussion' with alfred tanning outside, under the window, the duke was finally ready to leave.

Rushing through the door towards his carriage, he met the crafty prince, casually walking towards him.

Cursing him inside and  politely greeting the royal figure, the duke excused himself but was unfortunately unable to take a step further when he heard the word bet.

Taking a 180 turn, he walked towards the prince and extended his ear to hear more about what he was about to say.

They discussed of all sorts of bets until they reached the topic of them betting. Of course, due to the craftyness of Alfred, the duke didn't realise he was about to sell his daughter away with one deal !.

The rules of the bet were every simple and it required them to tell a joke to the prime minister and made sure he laughed so hard that he cries!

The only problem was that the prime minister was a stone faced statue who never shows a trace of emotion on his face, like a modern robot who has not been programmed to laugh!

Walking leisurely towards the Castle's library where they were sure to find the prime minister, they talked about how they were going to proceed until they reach the huge wooden door, guarded by two soldiers....

_____
Terribly sorry for bad grammar...