12_ swordmanship

Pov Jane

After convincing Richard to accompany me to ask father if we could train together, we were on our way to our dad's office.

I was quite happy that my plan was working well and that we were getting along quite well. But acting mature all the time might seemed a bit suspicious and i thought that maybe i should act like a child sometimes..

But there was a huge problem and that was that Richard hated kids and especially noble kids who were rotten to the core. He always showed a disgusted look that he quickly hide from what i remembered when he went to balls and all.

We soon arrive in front of my father's office and after knocking a few times at the door, a maid opened and welcome us inside and she closed the door the next second we entered.

We we suddenly surrounded by book shelved and papers that were everywhere and in the middle of that mess was my father, sitting in an awkward position with his shoes pointing to the ground where there were no papers and he was reading a paper that was among a huge pile and signed it as soon as he finished reading it.

Unwilling to stand on the papers on the ground, he remained where he was and did not even moved and inch.

We carefully approached his desk, also unwilling to step on those piles of paper.

We then asked him about swordmanship and of course added many things like it's for self defense, ect..

He, after hearing all the benefits we found for starting swordmanship at a young age agreed but warned us that if ever i were to get hurt, i needed to say goodbye to swordmanship.

He then said to not worry about anything else since he needed to personally choose the best teacher and at the same time a doctor that would watch over us in the meantime.

A week passed by and our father finally found a teacher and a doctor.

My relationship with Richard was getting better and better as the days went by and i could feel and see that he was genuinely smiling at me and i of course smiled back almost each and everytime except for those embarassing moment where i took what he said literally.

It was finally time for our training and after dressing up in a more comfortable outfit, i went to see Richard and we both went to the main hall to greet our teacher and the doctor.

We immediately went to the backyard to start our training and with a wooden sword in our hands, Mr.Green started his teaching.

Swordmanship was hard but with practice, we soon became professionals and went to learn other forms of fighting.