23_the bet part 2

The guards greeted alfred and the duke before opening the huge doors.

Inside the dim hall, a figure could be perceived, looking through books here and there like a mad man.

Duke winchester approaches the latter and with a hand the it's shoulder, dragged him outside.

At first, the prime minister struggled, but seeing that duke winchester was followed by Alfred, he stop struggling and let himself take a nap as he was dragged outside.

Outside, with the help of a slap, duke winchester woke the prime minister up before telling him his best joke"Buddy! Do you know why a scarecrow won an award?"

"..." the prime minister stared at the silly duke who seemed to have lost his mind.

"I'll take that for a no! It's because he was standing in his field hahaha... get it... scarecrow,... field... hahaha"

Prime minister"..."

Dejected with the prime minister's reaction, duke winchestet left the floor to Alfred, whom, for him will also be unsuccessful in making that stone laugh..

"For her... " alfred whispered and took a long breath before he took a step forward and sang"1...2...3 i like to move it move it... you like to move it move it"

After the epic dance, duke winchester was literally rolling on the floor with both of his hands on his flat stomach

Looking at the prime minister with an embarassed and exhausted face, the prince prayed for the prime minister to laugh... but everywhere was dead silent except for the duke winchester who was laughing so hard that he couldn't  breath.

A few minutes after the duke calmed himself, he stood up and placed his hand on alfred's shoulder.

"Too bad... i guess we both lost... but I'll consider it your win since you made me laugh like i never did before!"

That immediately enlightened Alfred's mood and within him, he was shouting"yes! My plan worked"

Indeed... his plan work.. from the start, he was never aiming to make the prime minister laugh since he knew it was something no man could do.
But, he was actually aiming at making the duke laugh so hard that he accepted his lost and fulfilled his promise...

___
Terribly sorry for the long wait and grammar, this chapter might be a bit odd/ probably confusing maybe... 🤔 but thnks for everyone's support and i hope you enjoy that little update...