21_the engagement

😱😱😱 10k reads??? No way!!! I really want to thank all of you for your support and I'm updating this chapter in advance for this!!! I know that it's difficult to wait so long to achieve the goals but here is our next goal :
260reads, 26 comments and 26 votes!!

Pov alfred

"I'm sorry Catherine... but the only way for me to achieve what i want is to marry a noble woman... but don't fear... once what i want has been achieved, I'll immediately discard that girl and replace her with you... be patient okay..." i whispered soothing words to relief Catherine and her psychopath ways of dealing with everything.

Deep in my mind, i was thinking about my ultimate plan to get rid of the temple and Catherine. They both couldn't exist in this world or else, peace might never exist in this kingdom.

As a light magic user, i could not assasinate her as she was very well guarded by the temple.

Furthermore, i could absolutely not share my plans with her since she was a loud mouth due to being with normal, worry free people.

My plan could easily be known by the head priest and he will, I'm sure, use his 'divine visions' prevent me from achieving all of this.

Today was the day I'll ask my father about engaging me with the daughter of the duke Winchester.

As i walked towards the throne room where my father is waiting for me, i was greeted by every servant as per usual. My loyal bodyguard and best friend, Karl, whom i share almost all of my secrets was walking a step behind me and sighing with every step that he took.

Stopping right in front of the throne room, karl bump into me and when i was about to fall, he grabbed me and pulled me backwards, before i fell on my back.

But luckily, it didn't hurt.when i opened my eyes, i saw karl's arms around me as he slowly lift me up as if i was a princess.

All the girl's servant in the surrounding were blushing and probably imagining some inappropriate scenes...

After being glared at by karl and me, every single one of them got back to work, leaving me and karl in front of the throne room door which immediately opened after being knocked at.

On the throne, sat my mother and father. They were holding each other's hand and whispering sweet, sugary words to each other that made me fell disgusted.

But when i imagined the day I'll sit on that chair with the beautiful Jane, my disgust changed to joy and envy.

Karl and i both kneeled down to greet my father and mother before discussing the important matters

"Father.. i know it's quite early to discuss about engagements and marriage but since it's the sooner the better, i would like to, with your permission take the daughter of the Winchester household as my fiancee and future wife..."

At first, when the king and queen heard that he was finally interestwd in someone, their joy could be expressed in their face.

They have always loved this son of theirs and have always wanted to crown him as king, but the fact that from a very tender age, they saw his calm and composed personality made them treat him a bit harsher compared to his brothers. They didn't want to spoil him too much, fearing he will go bad and be unfit to rule.

They were quite happy that their son was willing to be with someone, but when they heard that it was the daughter of the Winchester family, their face stiffened due to the fact that even if the king personally asked the duke of winchester to give his daughter's hand in marriage, he would refuse, claiming that he wants his daughter to marry someone she loves.

Moreover, he was as stubborn as a mule with every decisions that he took. Luckily, most of his decisions were good and never bought harm to anyone, or else, he would be like a natural hazard, destroying everything that's in his way.

After thinking for a while, the king finally gave his reply"if you can convince duke winchester to give you his daughter, then I'll gladly accept it with no interference nor comments"

Overjoyed, Alfred went back to his room where he need to think about how to make the well known stubborn duke take him in as his son in law...

_____

Our next goal will be 260 reads, 26 votes and 26 comments! I'll slowly increase it as i continue writing!

Every single one of my future updates for this book will depend on the number of reads for the last available chapter!

I hope you've enjoyed this new chapter😄😄...