17_ finally home

Pov Jane.

Today is the day Richard would return back home and i was impatiently waiting for his news.

Has he met the prince in the forest?

Did they return together?

Was he hurt?

How about the bear?

All sorts of questions were flooding in my head as i sit in front of my tea and besides the huge window.

Finally, after a few hours of patience, richard appeared at the front gate and was formally greeted by the guard.

The gate opened and carrying a sword and a box in his hands, he leisurely walked towards the castle door.

Liz, the head maid was waiting for him at the front door and after he was welcomed inside, i rushed towards the front door as my questions needed their answers.

With a big smile, i too greeted him inside and pulled him towards the main hall where he sat comfortably on the chesterfield, he presented me the two things he was carefully carrying in his hands.

One was a black sword and the other was a beautiful amethyst necklace.

As i fitted the sword around my waist, Richard gave me two thumbs up, meaning that it suit me very well...

But somehow, due to the fact that i was wearing a big puffy gown, the sword would slowly lift up and make a 45 degree angle with me.

Richard was dying of laughter after seeing that and when liz came in to offer us some snacks and tea, she was trembling and i knew it was because she was trying to contain her laughter.

Irritated, i told her that she could laugh if she wanted and finally, after a few minutes of holding back, liz laugh out loud, provoking the nearby maids to take a peek of what was happening.

The young maids giggled as the older ones tried to contain an impossible laughter.

I tried to remove the sword from my waist but due to the size of the gown, it was stuck.

With the help of liz, we tried to take it off but stuggle in every way. Richard also came to my help and i was sandwiched between the two of them as i tried to breath.

Finally, after half an hour of struggling, the three of us were panting but me, with every long breath that i took, i could feel uncomfotable as the corset i was wearing tightenned up along my stomach.

I thanked them both for helping me out and swore to myself to never ever wore a puffy dress like that at home in the future.