CHAPTER THREE

Thyr quickly rode through the forest, the cold of the North embracing her body as she got closer to her home

Thyr quickly rode through the forest, the cold of the North embracing her body as she got closer to her home. Some snow fell from the sky, slowly and peacefully yet the speed from Thyr and the light wind made it feel like craws was ripping her skin. She could see the lit fireplace in distance as she got closer to home, she heard the horn blow and soon she rode into the village. She got off the horse, the calm and silent village embraced her knowing that everyone was asleep. She gave Siv a nod, she was sitting by the main cabin, watching the fire and she returned it. She walked Thyr over to the stall, removing the saddle after tying him next to the other horses.

"How did it go?" The voice made her almost jump and she turned her head to see Vidar standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. Vál placed a few big handfuls of grass to Thyr as she shrugged.

"Good, he's moved south." She said, wanting to avoid the questions since she hadn't been able to process it herself. She had seen Ragnar, talked with him like they were acquaintances speaking over some lunch then rode south only to see four people who meant a lot to her. Old feelings and memories had hit her as hard as the wooden stick used by her trainers, wether it was Vidar or Ulvar who swung it.

"Did something happen?" He asked as she walked passed him and he gripped her wrist in his hand. She looked at him and pulled her hand away. "Vál?" He asked and she let out a sigh.

"It was Ragnar." She said and he raised his brow. "The man in the cabin was Ragnar Lothbrok." She continued, probably repeating herself for herself. She actually hadn't believed it, she even wondered if she was lost in a dream yet she didn't tell herself to wake up.

"And?" Was all he said and she swallowed.

"We got attacked, exiles which made me move him down south." She said and he frowned.

"Why isn't he in Kattegat? They got a new King?" Vidar asked with a frown and she shook her head.

"He wanted some time alone." She answered and he raised his brow but nodded.

"Anything else happened?" He asked and she shook her head, lying. She was tired and needed sleep to fully understand the day. She had slept for a minimal amount the last week since her missions. Vidar saw her tired expression and pulled her in for a hug, which she accepted. He placed one hand around her waist and the other on top of her head to keep her close. A sigh left her lips and he placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head. Vidar soon pulled away and walked her to her cabin, even followed her inside and closed the door behind him.

"Do you miss them?" Vidar asked as she got undressed, placing her weapons on the table.

"I don't know, I had even stopped wondering if they were still alive." She said and looked at him. Vidar nodded and walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"And now you know." He said and she hummed. He placed his lips gently on hers and she kissed back. He placed his hand on her waist before guiding her towards her bed. She tugged at the hem of his tunic and he quickly pulled away to remove it. A shiver ran down his spine when he felt her cold hands his naked chest. Vál traced her fingers over the ink that covered his skin she knew so well. She removed her own tunic before attacking the strings that kept his pants on. She turned them around before pushing him down on the bed before hovering above him, straddling his waist.