CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

Vál had ignored the rest as they arrived from the meeting

Vál had ignored the rest as they arrived from the meeting. She only watched as they rode back to their camp yet didn't bother to walk away from the stone she was currently sitting on. She didn't regret anything she had said nor done at the meeting yet she wasn't sure how the others had felt. She knew she had only stated facts and nothing else. She saw how Astrid walked to her shared tent with Harald without a word to the others. Ivar only raised his brow at her yet didn't say anything. He spoke with Harald and Hvitserk for a while.

She wasn't nervous or afraid to meet Björn at the border between the two camps in battle even if she wasn't sure if he would show up. She told herself that if he didn't arrive, she would kill him in battle. Then he had officially cut all the ties to her and their relationship was purely filled with hatred. If he decided to show up she would be honest with him, she had no idea how the outcome would be for herself in the battle however she knew she couldn't leave without being honest with Björn. He deserved the truth and she would give it to him, fully and raw. She spit on the ground before letting out a sigh. She got afraid when she thought about how she felt when she looked into Björn's eyes, it was like those blue eyes drained her energy yet filled her up with the most powerful feeling. It scared her that just the thought and look at him she got paralyzed. 

"Vál." Ivar said and she looked up at him.

"Ivar." She said in a flat tone. He walked over to her and sat down on the stone beside her.

"I knew you were intelligent and fierce yet you surprised me today." Ivar said and she looked at him with a neutral expression.

"Did I?" She asked, almost growling angrily at him. "Sorry." She said almost immediately.

"You have more Queen qualities than Lagertha." Ivar stated and she raised her brow.

"Do I now?" She said, making both of them smile. She nudged his bicep with her elbow playfully. "I'll never be a Queen Ivar. I don't want to be one either." She continued and he rolled his eyes.

"If you married Björn you could've become Queen if major things happened and they won this war." Ivar said and she scoffed.

"Nope." She said and popped the 'p'. "Björn has his new princess who would become Queen if they win this war. However I won't let that little Sami girl walk in and take what's mine." She growled at the end and Ivar chuckled.

"There's something I need to ask you Vál, that's why I came over." Ivar said and she raised her brow at him.

"Here I thought you came to enjoy my presence or my fiery persona." Vál said smiling and nudged his shoulder with hers as he looked at her with wide eyes as he smiled as well.

"I always enjoy your presence." Ivar said before letting his eyes move over the camp. "Will you be able to kill Björn?" He asked and she glared at him.

"Yes." She said and he raised his brow.

"How can you be so sure? You were inches away from killing him today yet you didn't do it. I saw you relaxing." He said and she tensed up as she got defensive.