CHAPTER FOURTY-SEVEN

The celebration had moved from the main hall towards the village

The celebration had moved from the main hall towards the village. Amanda had followed the rest of the happy and slightly drunken people, noting the ships that was getting closer to dock their boats by their dock. By Harald's orders neither warrior reacted by the boats. Vál was seated in the same spot as before, by the doors to the main hall as Harald came walking inside in his usual leather armor with the crown on his head.

"Your grace." Vál said with a smile as she placed her cup on the table.

"Vál." Harald said as he took a seat on his throne, their eyes locking immediately. She stood up and walked towards him, ignoring the way his eyes roamed over her body as she did so. "Ivar is here." Harald said after a while and her eyes widen.

"I didn't think he would arrive so early." Vál said as Astrid entered the room in another beautiful dress and a crown on her head. "Guess they were successful." She added as the new Queen sat down on her throne. The sound of people nearing the main hall made her stand beside Harald, facing the large open doors yet shadows hid her slightly in the dark. Soon the sound of unrhythmic banging was heard which made her look at the entrance with a frown as it sounded like metal hitting the wooden floor. However her eyes soon widen when they landed on Ivar. A wide smile broke out on her lips when she saw him walking, on his legs towards them with Hvitserk slightly behind him.

"Ivar and Hvitserk Ragnarsson." Harald greeted them as Ivar stood before them and Hvitserk sat down by the tables not too far away from her. "Why did you not return to Kattegat?" He asked the now walking man. Vál's eyes kept repeatedly roam over Ivar's legs, the sight of him walking made her mind stop working. Ivar looked at Vál, greeting her with a nod which she returned.

"Ubbe and I fell out, it wasn't surprising since we disagreed on many things. Yet in the end Hvitserk agreed with me as Ubbe sail back to Kattegat and that is why we are here." Ivar said and even if Vál was disappointed in what she was hearing she was happy to see both Ivar and Hvitserk alive.

"A good choice." Harald said and smiled faintly. "I'm sure you both remember Astrid, she is my Queen now." He continued and Ivar raised his brow before a laughing scoff left his lips. Hvitserk raised his brows as well as his eyes locked themselves on Astrid before his eyes met Vál's as if he asked if it was true. Vál only gave Hvitserk a nod, reassuring him that the marriage was as real as herself standing in front of them.

"I'm happy for the both of you." Ivar said, almost struggling to say it yet he covered it up well. It almost made Vál chuckle yet she bit her tongue.

"Oh thank you Ivar." Astrid said, biting back with the tone in her voice. Her words made Ivar clench his jaw yet soon a smile was covering his lips again.

"So do I understand correctly that you and your warriors will support me when I attack Kattegat?" Harald asked and Vál looked at him before moving her gaze on Ivar.

"Cutting straight through it. I like it." Ivar said with a smirk on his face. "Yes, we will." He filled in.

"Only if Ivar is made King." Hvitserk blurred out which made the three of them look at him as Ivar rolled his eyes.