CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN

Vál roughly dragged Lagertha off the horse

Vál roughly dragged Lagertha off the horse. The older woman's hands was roughly tied with thick rope that didn't budge as the older woman tried to escape. Vál as everyone else present knew her skills in combat so she avoided Lagertha's currently free legs. Yet Vál quickly grew tired of Lagertha's struggles and she pushed the older woman onto the ground and Vidar threw her more rope. She straddled Lagertha who screamed at her yet her words was muffled by the rop over her mouth. Lagertha continued to kick around yet after Ulvar got off and helped her Lagertha was completely trapped by Vál. Ulvar only gave her a nod which was returned before he got into the horse once again, gripping the reins tightly in his hands.

"Now, now Lagertha." Vál begun before pulling Lagertha onto her feet yet holing her tightly in her grip to prevent the old Queen from falling onto the sand. "It's uncomfortable isn't it? Being captured against your will." She added as she licked her bottom lip. Lagertha tried to speak as she breathed heavily through her nostrils.

"I wouldn't try to speak if I were you. You see, the rope will cut into the corners of your mouth the more you fight it. As will the rope around your limbs, it will cut into your flesh. Believe me, I speak from experience." Vál said as her eyes watched a boat in distance sail in high speed towards the shore. "Lagertha, you could've had made things easier and done the right thing. You know you have no right to the crown, you're nothing to the crown. Aslaug was rightful Queen and Ragnar was King then both died and the throne was passed down to Björn since he's the King's son." Vál said and licked her lips again. The wind blew in their hair and blood had stained their faces. Vál's face had more stains of blood than Lagertha due to her fight with the Sami. Vál placed a hand on Lagertha's cheek and the younger woman could feel how Lagertha shook slightly.

"Shh. However since I care about your son, a lot and sworn to protect him you're lucky. I guess the gods pity your desperation and greed since I got to you first." Vál said and her breathing was rugged. Vál roughly gripped Lagertha's jaw after pulling her closer to her own body then pointed at the boat whose crew jumped into the water and waited for Vál's signal. "There's a chance for your survival. However there's a problem here for you Lagertha, there's only one condition for you to get out of this alive." She added and Lagertha looked at her with wide eyes. Vál placed her hand over the rough rope over Lagertha's mouth yet she didn't remove it.

"You get on the boat and these kind men and women will take you somewhere far, far away from Kattegat and Norway. In exchange you will cut every tie you have with Kattegat, the throne, your son, your friends if you have any and As— well you killed her yourself so you won't have to leave Astrid behind. You will never, under zero circumstances return to Kattegat or see your son again. See it as a fresh new start." Vál said and licked her bottom lip. Lagertha argued yet the rope kept muffling her voice. "Or you make this difficult and refuse but as you see you're in my capture now and I will personally hand you over to Harald and Ivar so they can decide your fate instead." She continued and pulled the rope away from Lagertha's mouth. The older woman sucked in a breath before glaring at Vál with nothing but anger and disappointment in her eyes.