CHAPTER TEN

The next morning Vál had woken early, taking her bow she had received last night from a servant and some arrows before leaving for the forest

The next morning Vál had woken early, taking her bow she had received last night from a servant and some arrows before leaving for the forest. The sound of smaller branches snapping under her feet was heard as she walked. She let out a sigh when she embraced the silence and tensionless surroundings. She walked around for a bit before finding a hare. She loaded her arrow then aiming at the eating animal. Then the arrow flew swiftly through the air before penetrating the smaller skull.

Vál continued to walk after a while when she had picked up the hare. She found a good look out place where she could also see the sun rising. There was only a few clouds on the sky and she enjoyed feeling the light stroke of the sun on her skin. She let her eyes roam the ground beneath her, smiling when she saw another hare. She loaded her bow again and when she aimed the sound of laugher was heard and the hare ran away. A sigh left her lips when she looked around but didn't saw anyone. Another laugh was heard in distance and she decided to follow the sound. Vál stopped in her track when she found the younger sons of Ragnar with their backs facing hers as they shot their arrows at the deer head they had hung up.

Vál smirked when she loaded her bow again as the aimed between their bodies, at the head. Neither one of them had noticed her presence and everyone quickly looked around when her arrow flew past them before hitting the head bullseye. They relaxed when they saw her standing there with a smile on her face. Without a word she walked over to the head, walking past them to inspect their arrows.

"You're good." She said simply and they raised their brows. "Could be better though." She added as she walked past them. She gently pushed Ubbe back a few steps before motioning for him to load and aim. Ubbe obeyed and aimed as she checked his body as he did so.

"Shoot." She said and he looked at her over the shoulder before releasing the arrow. She smirked as she raised her brow. Looked at the arrow he had shot, it looked like it his bullseye but with her own arrow as a measurement his was slightly to the right. "Aim." She said and he did the procedure over again but now she was correcting the smaller things in his form.

"My arrow is bullseye, focus on the tip, calm your breathing." She said and he looked ahead. As he did she pulled his arm back a little, making sure there was enough force to break her arrow in two. Ubbe looked a head yet his mind stuck on her hands on his body, feeling her touch lingo on his body even when she had removed her hands. "Shoot." She said and he did. The arrow flew quickly through the air, penetrating it before splitting her arrow in two before entering the deer head. The other brothers raised their brows when they saw the result of her small corrections. Ubbe looked at her and she patted his shoulder before looking at Hvitserk.

"Show me." She said simply and he took Ubbe's spot. Hvitserk took his bow and an arrow before aiming at the target. Váls eyes was roaming his body as well, noting the errors that prevented the shots to be effective and lethal. The arrow hit an inch away from hers and Ubbe's arrow causing a blush to stain Hvitserk's cheeks which Vál ignored when she walked up to him to correct him. He aimed again before she pushed his back slightly to open up the chest, pulled back his hand to get more force and then she walked to the other side to make sure she was satisfied. Hvitserk's turned his head to look at her with wide eyes when she placed her hands on his hips, moving them slightly and she pushed his chin to look at the target. "There's your focus, nowhere else." She said sternly while pointing at the head and he gulped.