Chapter Eight - Cry to me

I found myself at Jacks cabin I knocked on the door and he answered, while holding a drink in his hand.

"Can I come in?"

"You shouldn't be here." he replied but he let me in anyway. He went to sit back down."

"What my gra...Dad said. He shouldn't have talked to you like that. He's wrong about you."

"No he's not, I should have been there with her. Instead I was off hustling, being a big shot. You're Dad is a smart guy."

"No." I shook my head walking over to him "Not about this. You should have told him the truth."

"It wouldn't make any difference. He thinks I'm not good enough for you and he's right." You're gonna go to some fancy collage and when you look back you'll be proud. What am I gonna look back on."

"Dancing."

"Dancing?" he scoffed

"Yes, the way you dance. It's beautiful, inspiring."

"You know why I dance? It's the only thing I'm good at. I'm not like you, Ali, When I read a book everything starts going funny. So I dropped out of school, I hung around with my cousins buddy's they taught me how to hot wire cars and sell them off in parts. Till one day I get caught and I spend time in county jail. I got out and my Dad changed the locks. I was fifteen."

"My life is not that perfect either." he rolls his eyes

"It's not, you think I like being related to them? Jack ever since I was born I've been treated as if I was a killer. My Mom she died giving birth to me and my sister. I got blamed, a innocent baby just hours old. Ever since then it's been thing or monster. But they have these moments where they feel guilt or pity so they give me clothes or something and they feel better but I don't. I have spent my whole life trying to get them to respect me, treat me they way they do my nightmare of a twin, who tries to land me in it every chance  she gets. I let them I always have because while I hated them they were the only thing I had and I thought I was nothing if I lost it.

But you taught me different, you and Mels, taught me that don't need to kiss ass for respect or to be loved and treated well. When we just left i snapped. like truly snapped. So you telling me that, trying to scare me away, you need to do a lot harder."

"Go Ali, I'm serious, you aced the final you have your confidence now get out of my life." he snapped at me. I sighed

"Okay, I'll go, If you do me one last favour. Dance with me. One last time."

"Ali" he drawled

"Please tonight happened so fast. I want to remember it. And I swear I will leave you alone after that." He didn't say anything so I went over to his eye pod and found a song pressing play. I walked over and took his hand pulling him up

- The next morning I snuck back into the cabin which is very hard considering the people I live with. But I did it. They all left before me while I was showing and changing so I joined them.

 They all left before me while I was showing and changing so I joined them

"Good Moring my family." I chirped sitting down between my sister and Jacob I saw him sniff a little and grip the table. Clicking my fingers I saw puzzlement on Dad's face. He was proberly trying to read Jacobs mind and Jacob was taking notice of how even though I showered I smelt different.

"What's the matter Jake?" Mom asked her friend. I went to grab the juice briefly looking at said friend.

"Nothing." Did he just lie to his best friend.

"You're mind just went quiet. Why were you thinking about her?" Dad motioned his head to me as I was pouring myself a drink.

"Dad I know you like get off on reading his thought but let's not have it at the breakfast table. He's your wife's best friend after all." They all stared at me surprised.

"When did we say you could talk." Renesmee snapped

"You never, but I have my voice and I like. It drowns your incessant whining out." She gasped covering her mouth

"Don't speak to your sister like that." Bella growled

"Or what? You see Isabella you're threats are wearing thin." I smiled "besides it's so beautiful and sunny out be a shame to ruin it with a diamond glare." I cocked my head to one side, she was about to say something when Michael came over.

"Hello everybody. I hope you're all performing in our talent show."

"No, I'm sorry but we can't we're going to head back early. Beat the weekend traffic." I snapped my head my blonde locks flying up slightly at my Grandpa's words. We're leaving. Seriously.

"oh well maybe next year." he left

"We can't leave I'm singing in the talent show. Please you said I could."

"I'm sorry Renesmee. But I have patients to see and you all need to be ready for returning to school." He stood leaving the table.

"Mom Dad. Please change his mind about leaving." Renesmee whined I sighed. For once I agreed with her I didn't want to leave anytime soon.

"We'll try" I had my breakfast. Then stood up.

"Toodles." I left deciding to go check up on Mels. I opened the door seeing her smiling. Jack was already there. I straighten up slightly.

"Hey, you just missed your Dad. He's a good man." I smiled slightly looking over at Jack, then back at Mels

"Hey all this commotion, and I never asked how it went last night. I took another glance at Jack and shrugged.

"Fine"

"Okay." We both replied and chuckled.

"I didn't do the lift but." I was sort of meh about the whole thing. Jack continued on telling her

"Mr Louis was crazy about us."

"That's great, I hope he likes me as much as he likes Ali."

"Are you kidding me, you're the real star. I was just like the fill in. " I told her "I'm gonna go but I'll see you guys later, kay?" I spoke to both of them but sort had mainly Jack in mind

"Yeah." He agreed I smiled slightly then turned on my heel and left. Not going far I waited for Jack to come out.

"Jack."

"Can't talk now, I've gotta cover a class for Mels."

"Okay, what about later can we talk." he stopped turning around

"I have to work, I'm not here on vacation like you." Jack left me stunned

"What just happened." I muttered How did we go from being my first, to flirty eyes and hidden smiles then to cold shoulder.