Chapter Forty Six - Family Life

-Ali-

I stood on the balcony of my bedroom looking down at the kids playing with Jacob. He had Abi on his shoulders and was chasing Faith and Johnny around. I giggled as the twins were running rings around him literally, using their speed. I felt a pair of arms circle around my waist and I leaned back, Jack kissed my head .

"Are you happy?" he questioned

"With you I'm always happy." I replied

"Not what I meant. I meant are you happy with your family and Jacob being here." I looked up at him

"Yes, and the fact that you two can't stand each other but are trying to get along make me love you both even more. " I turned round to kiss him, pulling away I grinned.

"I love you."

"I love you too." We started swaying with each other just in our own little bubble for the time being. I loved these moments

----------------------------------------

The kids were napping when Renesmee were sat out on the porch Jack and Jake were working, so my sister wanted bonding time.

"I like this." She started "Us being sisters, being close. Why didn't we do this sooner."

"You were a bitch." I retorted

"No need to sugar coat it." She looked down shamefully, I shifted my position to face her fully.

"In these past years have I sugar coated anything?"

"Guess not. Even when you didn't stick around to mend anything."

"You would have done things different if you were me?" She didn't reply "Didn't think so." I rolled my eyes

"Look, did I have the best start in life? No Did I feel worthless for doing the simplest of things? Yes Did I seek approval and everything you had? Every day.  It took a long time to realise that I was in a toxic environment, even when you all apologised and made a start on mending things, you can't erase 10 years. We maybe on good terms and I may have forgiven you but I will never forget. Where it's three/4 years on or a 100 that time is a part of us. I removed myself from situation and into one which was better for me, cause I realised no one other than me could do it."

"When did you become so wise?" I grinned

"I met a man."

"Jackson." she smiled softly. She then paused for a thought.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"How did you know you were in love with him?" That kind of knocked me back. I never really stopped to think on the exact moment.. I looked back on our time at Summerland.

"Do you remember Dad's speech at his and Moms wedding and how he said what he felt for her?"

"Vaguely"

"It's an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to. And who will accept you for what you are. I've been waiting, what seems like a very long time, to get beyond what I am. And with Bella, I feel like I can finally begin" I quoted

"I was portrayed as a monster, I was made to feel like one when I wasn't. When we first slept together, the next morning was great I was on cloud nine. But after we were with Melissa something changed. I think she asked him to back off and he did. But the dam as it were was already broke. I had thing for him and Jake could smell the arousal and pheromones. We had a heated argument and I used my powers against him Jack so and ran off. It was then I knew what being broken felt like. When I thought I lost him."

"But you didn't."

"No, I didn't. I confronted him, I knew I felt something and I knew he did too no matter what happened earlier. Anyway after making up, I decided no secrets if something was to come out of this other than sex it needed to start with the truth. I told him everything, I trusted him with the secret and he knew that trust was something I didn't give lightly. Having faith in him was one thing but trust that was a whole different ball game. Can you guess what happened?" she shook her head

"He looked at me with love and adoration, the same look that I had been pining for from Jacob for ten years. I could snap him in half and drain his blood before he could even think of trying to fight back and he wasn't scared. He accepted me for me, warts and all. When I was walking back to the cabin, I remembered what Dad had said all those years ago that's how I knew that to me this wasn't some phase or cry for attention from the nearest hot male."

"Wow, and you never felt that with Jake?"

"No. All he treated me and looked at me like I was a monster. No one deserves to feel like that."

"Mama?" I turned round to look at Abi rubbing her eyes.

"Hey, baby." I went to pick her up, when I did she leaned her head on my shoulder while clutching her bunny.

"Do you ever wish you could change things?"

"No, because if I did I might never have met Jack and I might never have had my kids, and they're priceless to me. " I kissed Abigail's head and rubbed circles on her back.

-----------------

When Jack and Jacob came home from work all of us went over to the coven house seen as we were altogether again we were a coven and family.  There was food for those who are while the others just sat with us at the table and talked.

"So Allison." I looked towards my Dad from me cutting up Abi's food.

"Yeah." I sucked the sauce that caught my thumb.

"We were talking about going back to school."

"Okay?" I replied not getting where he was going with this."

"Well do you want to come with us."

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, It will be nice for you to get out of the house." Mom smiled nodding.

"I get out of the house plenty. Besides the kids." I shook my head

"I would be happy to look after them for you."

"And I'm glad but they're growing up so fast and I don't want to miss a moment. I am in a place where I can be a stay at home Mom and I can teach my kids. When they stop aging or when it becomes less apparent of their fast aging ablates then maybe I will but for now I'm good." That ended the conversation for then but when we got home and Jacob said his goodbyes and left for his cottage, the children were asleep in their beds Jack asked

"Is it really because of the children you don't want to go back to school?"

"Why do you ask?" I wondered taking out my earrings at the dresser.

"Just wondering."

"If I went back to school how would I cope huh, I have grown comfortable to my life a Mom and wife. If I went to school here especially I would have to back track and say Faith and Abigail are my sisters and Johnny is my brother. When people already know that they're my children and you're my husband. And if I do go back, it's not like you could be a student, you don't look like a teenager."

"Oh thanks." He chuckled

"No what I meant. All I'm saying is that how can I be me when I'm posing as a 16 year old or something snogging a 24 year old, we both know when it comes to you I barely have self control. I like being able to kiss you when I want, I like being able to walk around with our children and not hide the fact were husband and wife. And what happened when I'm pregnant again because let's face you have strong swimmers. a pregnancy that lasts two weeks and all that I fought for home raising till their old enough ...." he kissed me and I shut up kissing him back.

"If you don't want to come back now, that's fine but you can't hide behind that reason forever. We can work something out. Maybe not now, but at some point. Deal."

"Deal." he gave me another kiss and we climbed into bed. He switched the tv on and at some point I dozed off

So this book is coming to an end soon, let me know if you want a sequel for the kids and I will start drafting some ideas