Chapter Forty Four - Mourn

Frances funeral took place a just over a week later

Frances funeral took place a just over a week later. Today was her funeral. Faith and Johnny held onto the pram as we entered the church. I saw Sarah and Felix talking with people at the end.

"Okay children. We are here for your Dad. That means no outright insulting people you've overheard us talking about. For Example Sarah and Felix Cassidy."

"Our other grandparents?" Johnny questioned

"Yeah. Your father doesn't have the best history with them. He'll bear it for today but he doesn't need you causing a fight between them. So be polite and respectful. It's your Nana's funeral."

"Yes, Mom."  We made our way to the front. Sarah and Felix finished speaking with Jackson's Aunt Freya.

"Sarah, Felix."

"Allison, it's nice to see you. Where's Jackson."

"He's outside with Austin and the other waiting for Frances to arrive." I told them

"Austin says you were there when it happened."

"We were." Felix looked down at the twins and the pram I was pushing.

"Who have your brought?"

"These are our children. Faith Melissa , Johnny Austin and our newest addition Abigail Nicole."

"You've had three children since getting married, we didn't even know you had been pregnant?" Sarah eyed us suspiciously.

"We're adopted." Faith and Johnny replied in unison.

"Problem?" Faith folded her arms

"Faith remember what we spoke about."

"Sorry."

"Let's find our seats." We parked the pram at the side, taking about out I held her in my arms and took our seats. It was packed with people who knew Frances. We all stood up and turned around. Jackson and Austin were two men of them who carried Frances in. Once they walked down the brothers joined us.

 Once they walked down the brothers joined us

The service was lovely as it could be. We walked behind Jackson and Austin out to the car where we would be taken for the burial. The children took Jacks hands and I had Faiths as we committed her body to the ground.

"Ali." I brought him into a hug and comforted him.

"It's alright." He gripped onto me

"Jackson, Austin." We heard Sarah call. All of us turned to face them.

"It's good to see you both together, even though I wish it were under better circumstances."

"Mother. Father." The men said

"But even the darkest of times bring families together."

"Mom we're just gonna say this once." Austin begins

"Just because Nana is dead, it doesn't mean we want to make anything  of this." Jack continues

"We came here to say goodbye to our Nana and give her a proper send off now that she's with Pops. Not to make nice with you." Austin finishes

"Let's go." Austin picked up Faith while Jack took Johnny. We walked past them and too the wake.

_________________________________________________________________________

After the wake. Jack said he wanted to put the children to sleep alone. So I was in our room removing the makeup and tears of the past few weeks. Jack entered and made me stand up.

"Thank you for today."

"I didn't do anything."

"You were there for me, all of you were." I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a soft kiss.

"Jackson Colt Cassidy. I will always be there for you. All of us will be. I love you"

"I love you too." I pulled him to the bed and held him while he mourned.