Chapter Forty - Happy

-3rd Person-

Over the next three weeks Faith and Johnny trained with their Aunt at times when they knew their parents were there reliving the past. They almost got caught when they were about to go in when they heard music. The three of them had peeked through the window and watched their parents flirt with each other. Since then they did  nearly every activity there as a family and then it would be Aunt and Uncle time.

-Ali-

I sat at the dressing table getting ready for the final night and talent show, I saw Jack getting ready behind me fixing his cufflinks on

I sat at the dressing table getting ready for the final night and talent show, I saw Jack getting ready behind me fixing his cufflinks on. He then moved onto his tie. I stood up and walked over to him. slapping his  hands out of the way.

"You know I can do my own tie, right."

"I know. I just like doing it. Do you know what the kids are doing?" I asked him

"No, why."

"They're up to something but I don't know what. It's bugging me."

"Don't let it. I'm sure it's not bad."

"I know it's just I don't like not knowing. The last time I had this feeling, I didn't know if I would ever see you again."

"I did. I came back for you." I finished his tie and kissed his cheek.

"There."

"Hey, If they are planning something, we'll find out soon. Just breath and finish getting ready." He turned me around and I went to sit back down. I finished doing my make up. I went to pull my dress out and slipped into it.

"Will you fix the zip please." Jack came over and zipped me up. I grabbed my shawl and we all left together. The kids were with Melissa and it had been whispers for the past day. We arrived in the ballroom.

"Ladies and gentleman, take advantage of booking early for next summer." Mr Summers droned on like he did three years ago. I took Jacks hand and held it while it rested on my hand. They did the end of summer song. Jack and I shared a oh please look.

We watched as act after act came on and performed till we were at the last one. It was non other that Faith and Johnny. Austin lowered the mic. I looked shocked at my husband

"Hi. My names Faith and this is my brother Johnny. Our parents met and fell in love here. My Dad taught her to dance and the did the final dance of the season one time."

"My Dad knows a lot about dancing and he taught my Mom and they passed it on to us. So we feel it's only right that we follow in our parents footsteps. Thank you to Aunt Melissa who helped us." Both of us turned to Mels who was standing at the back. She gave us a little wave and we turned back

I watched in amazement as they performed. When they finished Jack and I stood up clapping and cheering wildly at our children

"Whooooo" I picked up my dress and we both went to them. I lifted Faith up and kissed her cheek.

"That was amazing. Both of you." She giggled. Jack held Johnny.

"We're so proud of you."

"Well done you two, that was perfect." We turned to Mels who was beaming

"You knew." Jack questioned

"You're not the only one who can train someone. Besides they weren't bad, you gave them the basics they needed.

"Let's dance!" Johnny yelled and the band began to play as everyone joined in with dancing.

-------------------------

I  came out of Grandpa's cabin with a large smile on my face

I  came out of Grandpa's cabin with a large smile on my face. I squealed and clapped my hands . Just wait till we get home.

We said our goodbyes to Austin, Melissa and Michael. I also told Grandpa that I would be in touch soon. Getting into the car we pulled out and drove home.

I was looking online at apartments for Jake, he would be moving out here as soon as he found a job and a apartment or house  near us. My knee jolted slightly nervous.

"Is everything okay?" Jack asked me

"Yeah." I replied not looking up from my phone "When we're home I need you and the kids to stay down stairs till I say, okay?"

"Why." I didn't answer

"Okay."

"Thank you."  I continued to scroll through my phone for a while. During the drive, I  fell asleep during the drive.

"Ali, Ali we're home." I woke up and rubbed my eyes.

"Okay." I got out. They kids were still asleep so I lifted Johnny out of the car and took him in. Faith was in Jacks and I laid Johnny on the sofa.

"Give me an hour." I jogged up stairs and went into the attic. I used my gifts and moved stuff down. Once that was done I started moving furniture. putting things into place. The heavy lifting was done I grinned putting the final touches and stood back

It's ready.

I made my way back downstairs. The twins were awake and having a snack.

"Hey, nice sleep." I sat down next to them, they nodded and Jack came back in

"Okay, what is going on, you've been on edge since we left, now you're keeping secrets. What gives." I smiled at him and stood up. Taking his hand I held out my other hand for the children. Johnny took it and he held Faith's I took them upstairs and to the room on the end. I had shut the door behind me before I went down.

"Who wants to open it?" I wondered leaning against the wall.

"Ali?" Jack warns.

"I will." Johnny goes to the door and turns the handle opening it.

The kids screamed in excitement and Jack turned round

The kids screamed in excitement and Jack turned round. I bit my lip smiling a little he looked around then back at me.

"Surprise!"