Chapter Twelve - Don't Leave Me.

I was heading to Jacks after dinner when I saw him get into a police car

I was heading to Jacks after dinner when I saw him get into a police car. The door shut and I ran up.

"Jack?!" I looked at Mels and Austin.

"Jack!" I shouted as the car drove away. He looked back at me and I turned to the others.

"What's going on." They didn't say anything I only found out when Alistair was talking with my family telling them what had happened.

"Turns out he had a record as long as my arm. Petty larceny. Grand theft auto. People don't usually put that stuff on their resume." I shared a look with my Grandpa

"Why would he risk his job by doing something stupid?" Esme wondered

"Yeah, why would he." I clenched my fists looking at the older human.

"Maybe he needed the money. He snuck into her room last night while she was asleep and stole it." he told me

"Last night?" I replied The looked at Jake who shook his head.

"That's what Mrs Jones says. She had it during the day, the next morning it was gone?"

"And where did he say he was?" Mom asked

"He said he was in his room by himself reading. You think we found books in his room."

"Jack didn't steal that watch." I say Dad glared at me

"Stay out of this. It has nothing to do with you."

"Allison, don't" Jake warns me. But I paid no attention

"He was in his room all night. He was with me all night." I cleared my throat. "Eliza Jones came by last night, pounding on the door. She was angry and jealous. It's clear she wanted to punish him." Most of my family sat there shocked. I stood up.

"I need to go to the police station. Jacob will you drive me, please." He stood up

"Sure, let's go." We left and he drove me. Once I gave them my statement we returned and I went to the studio to wait for him. The events from the past couple of days caught up with me because I fell asleep.

"Ali, Ali wake up." I hummed as my eyes fluttered open to meet with Jacks.

"Jack." I tackled him into a hug.

"I knew they'd let you out. I knew that once I told them the truth you had to be let go." I beamed pulling away but Jack wasn't smiling.

"I'm out Ali." My smile dropped

"They fired you. They fired you anyway because of me." My arms dropped from him.

"Als."

"No, that's not fair. I mean you can't win no matter what you do." I stood and furiously paced

"Hey, that not true. You can."

"I used to think so but I can't do anything without destroying it." He stood and stopped me

"Don't you ever say that, ever again do you hear me." I sighed

"I don't want you to go. I can make him change his mind just let me."

"No, Ali. I don't want to either, but I have too. "

-3rd Person.-

Jack was getting ready to leave when he stopped by the Cullen's cabin. He knocked on the door and Carlisle answered it.

"Dr Cullen." He greeted "Dr Cullen I know I'm the last person you proberly want to see right now."

"You don't know anything about me."

"I know you love your granddaughter. I also know that she is your granddaughter and not your daughter and you should. She's an amazing girl who has become an amazing woman. She just wanted to help me and Melissa. She never thought it would go this far. I just want you to know I'm not gonna mess up her life anymore than I have already." He pulled out a envelope from his pocket.

"Here's the money Ali, took from you. Every cent. Thank you for your help with Melissa. I will always be grateful." He left giving Carlisle the money back.

-Ali-

I stood watching as Jack load up the rest of his things into Austin's truck

"I'll bring it down on Saturday." Austin told his brother. They shared a hug before he held closed the back and go to Melissa.

"Take care Jack." She embraced him before he came over to me . I wiped away the tears that were falling. We stood there for a moment before I spoke.

"I love you Jack. I always will." I told him. He didn't say anything just held my cheek before bringing me into a hug. We reluctantly let go and he started his bike up and rode off.

I sat down near the lake side, headphones on and music blasting and me drawing

I sat down near the lake side, headphones on and music blasting and me drawing. It was a sketch of me and Jack dancing. I felt and hands on my shoulder. I looked up. Esme and Alice were sat on either side of me. I took my headphones off.

"We came to check up on you."

"Why, feeling guilty again. Hoping to scratch and itch and move on." I muttered going back to drawing.

"No. We came to apologise, for the way we treated you. It was unkind and unfair." Esme replied

"Whatever. Doesn't matter."

"It does. We blamed you for a stupid reason and we let it cloud our judgement." Alice continued

"Why can't you all just leave me. You've done enough. Everyone has." I stood up. Deciding to go to the studio for some peace and quiet.