Chapter Thirty Seven - Sorting things out

Now normally guest wouldn't be allowed in the bunkhouse but I think I broke that rule a long time ago

Now normally guest wouldn't be allowed in the bunkhouse but I think I broke that rule a long time ago. We had been invited and as long as the boss don't find out well. It can't hurt.

We made our way up, the loud music slightly muffled. Jack opened the door, I laughed slightly.

"It's like they knew we were coming?" He took my hand and pulled me in.

We started dancing and I took a brief look seeing my sister and Jacob were watching the others around them. They had the same look when I first saw them dancing like this. Now it doesn't faze me because Jack and I still dance like this.

"Guess whose back ladies." Mels drawled after getting up on stage.

"Jackson! Jackson!"

"That's right and he's brought his wife and friends let's show them how we do it in the bunk house. Ali!" I raise my eyebrow

"Wanna show these fine people what our Jackson Cassidy's been teaching you." I separated myself from Jackson and took myself on stage. I muttered a song to the band and they began playing it.

I handed the mic back and jumped down. Jack pulled me into a kiss.

"As much as I would like to continue this, we actually have an audience." He looked round at all the others who were still dancing.

"Dance with my sister, she looks like a fish out of water." he pushed him over while I went to Jacob. I held my hand out.

"Dance with me." He took my hand and we started dancing.

"About what happened earlier, I'm sorry it's just taking me longer. I buried my feeling and fought against the imprint for so long, it's like I'm going what you went through for 10 years. When I talked to your Mom after you were born, you were right I want you to be safe and happy. You are and that's great, just my wolf and I are having a war."

"A war?"

"It's like there is two sides to me. Most of the time we work together but with the imprint I fought against and he fought for. He feels like there is still a chance that we can be happy, he needs to accept like I am slowly that we no longer play that kind of role. All I'm asking is that you bare with me. I'm playing catch up. So sometimes I'll make snide remarks but it's the fact that I feel like I'm healing alone."

"Would, would it help to be close to me? To show your inner wolf that we may not be a couple but I will always need the both of you?"

"How?"

"Come live in New York, close to us. That way I can help you, wolfie  gets the closeness and comfort of me that he needs and you stop being so volatile and snarky. Hey maybe you'll find someone."

"You think that will work?"

"The way I see it, wolfie wanted this and now he's angry that he's not the centre of my world or at all. Maybe he will always be pissed at you, but he might be less if I meet halfway. It's not only your fault. I shut you out as much as I could without damaging myself after I met Jack. Come and live in New York, there are plenty of rural area's that you can run around in, you can be close and you can have a fresh start."

"Okay. Okay." He beamed . We continued dancing till I encouraged him to dance with Nessie. Jack came back and I told him about Jake moving to New York.

"Is that what you want?" He wondered

"Yes, I think it's time. We both accept what is. I am always going to be his imprintee. The universe wanted us connected and we are, we've run away from it for long enough."

"Okay."

"Really, I thought you would kick off or something."

"I have faith in you. You believe it will work and it will, hey if it stops the longing looks and thought I'm for it."

"What looks."

"He loves you and it hurts him that your with me and you've shut him out. " I nodded.