Chapter 3: The Hospital

"I feel like something is waiting for us in there," I said looking at the hospital. We were in the parking lot, looking at the building. I had been in it once and that was when I broke my leg. That was at least 7 years ago.

  "Oh stop overreacting. It's fine! It's just a normal hospital!" Cory said. It didn't really look like a "normal hospital" it looked like a hospital that was terrorized by zombies and other things. Part of the top floor was totally burnt and was charred a dark black color.

  "I don't know if this is a good idea guys, I mean look at that place! It has death written all over it!" I said. The more I looked at the place, the worse the weird feeling that I had had all day got.

  "Come on. Unless you want to stay out here," Kyle said with a half smile.

  Something still told me to turn around and walk away from the building. But I guess I would rather go in with them then to stay outside alone.

  We walked up to the front doors of the hospital. They were broken and glass shards were lying everywhere. We carefully picked our way through the shattered glass and into the building. There was a few dull lights that were still working but other than that the lights had been busted and we were walking down a hallway of darkness, occasionally broken by a dull greenish glow.

  "Woah hold up," Miranda said. She had been leading us through the hospital cause she knew the place the best. I looked around her to see what Miranda had stopped for and saw a smear of blood on the floor. The blood left a trail into the room on the left side of us. The door of that room was shut.

  Victoria's eyes got wide and she backed up a little. Cory put a hand on her shoulder in a lame attempt to try and calm her.

  "Okay we should leave," I said in a hushed voice. Morgan shook her head.

  "We need the medicine, just in case. Besides we are already pretty far into the hospital. We might as well keep going," Morgan said.

  "I'm with Astrix on this one guys. We should get out of here," Victoria said looking around warily.

  Miranda ignored Victoria and kept walking down the hallway. She stepped cautiously around the blood and led us down the hallway. I stopped when I saw a door that was open. It was a room and looked fairly empty. No one noticed that I had stopped so I went into the room. Maybe there was some medicine in there.

  There was only a sickly green light that cast shadows on everything in the room. I had a really bad feeling in my gut. I shook my head to try and clear it and walked into the bathroom. There were a few bottles of medicine at the sink and I grabbed one.

  "Aspirin. Good," I mumbled to myself. I shoved it in the pocket of my coat.

  Creak.

  I swung around when I heard that. I wasn't sure what it was or where it was coming from. I surveyed the room from where I was standing in the bathroom. I couldn't see anything. Maybe it was just the wind? I took a step out of the bathroom.

  "Astrix?!" I heard Miranda yell from down the hall. Damn I forgot about them.

  "I'm right-!" I tried to yell back but felt the presence of something behind me. I turned around and saw a zombie's head was a little less then a foot away. I gasped and jumped to the side. I reached for the gun in my belt but the zombie attacked me. I used one hand to try and push it's head away from me and the other one to try and grab my gun. The zombie lunged and I wrenched my head to the side. I finally gave up on trying to get the gun and just focused on getting the zombie off of me. It kept lunging at me which caused me to lurch backwards away from it's mouth that was hanging open and trying to bite me.