Chapter 30: Withstanding Zombie Bites

My eyes flickered open. It was dark and the only light came from the moon. My head was foggy and I sat up slowly.

  "Lay down and chill out," Someone demanded. I could make out Darwin's face in the pale light.

  "What-?" I asked and my hand went to my neck. There was still a bandage on it.

  "How long has it been?" I asked. Why hadn't I turned?

  "Four days," Darwin said. My mouth fell open.

  "Why am I not dead?" I asked. I was starting to freak out now.

  "Why don't you take a random guess?" Darwin asked. His eyes glinted mysteriously.

  "It has something to do with my blood type, doesn't it?" I asked, remembering the paper that said my blood type was nonexistent.

  "Yes. Yes it does. You have a different blood type. You're the only one in the world like that. It's a mutation. The virus can't take over you're blood stream," Darwin said. He crossed his arms and stared at me.

  "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

  "It means that you're immune to the virus," Darwin said. I sat up a little straighter. The room was starting to lighten from the rising sun.

  "So, I can't turn?" I asked. Darwin shook his head. I sighed in pure relief. I wasn't going to die.

  "But,"

  "Oh God," I said. My relief was thrown away from me faster then Brett Favre's career.

  "I'm not sure if you will be immune forever. It depends how many times you get bit," Darwin said. Relief washed back over me. I thought he was going to say that I would die.

  There was a knock at the door and a head popped in.

  "Hey Kyle," I said. Kyle smiled and ran into the room. He embraced me in a hug.

  "Thank God. I thought you were gone," Kyle said quietly.

  "I told you it takes more than that to get rid of me," I said. Kyle let go of me.

  "I should probably let you sleep," Kyle said and turned back towards the door.

  "Yeah probably should," Darwin said as he stood up.

  "Darwin. Thank you," I said. He turned and looked at me.

  "For what?" He asked.

  "For being a dick," I said. He must have understood what I meant because he smiled and walked out the door.

  I laid back down and shut my eyes. The mere fact that I wasn't going to die and that Kyle, Miranda, Morgan, and Cory were okay was enough to settle my nerves more than ever.

-----

A/N

Okay so I know that was short but your welcome! I didn't kill Astrix! But who knows what I will do... :)

And 1,154 Reads?!?!?! Guys that's awesome! *screams and then dies*

Okay there probably won't be another update until Sunday. Between soccer, school, and the high school football games plus my friends and I are getting our costumes ready for Halloween, I haven't had too much time to update.