Chapter 48: Averageish Beach Goers

"Ready?"

  "No."

  "Oh come on, this was your idea."

  "That does not mean I'm ready."

  "Point proved."

  Trent and I were crouched in our positions on top of a hill overlooking the coast. It was at least a ten foot drop to the beach and we could hear the motor of a car coming down the beach. I had my gun out and my knife just in case. My right hand was shaking slightly and Trent kept having to put his hand on my shoulder to steady me.

  "Keep steady. You never know when you will have to shoot," Trent said for at least the hundredth time in the last hour. I took a deep breath and steadied myself.

  Ashley, Van, and Nile were along the coast a little ways and on the beach. Kyle and Miranda were on the other side of the coast and also on the beach. We were going to corner them on all sides to keep stuff in our favor.

  The car got closer and finally came into view. It was a Jeep that had at least seven people packed into it. Parks was one of them.

  The driver stopped the Jeep and Parks jumped out instantly then groaned when he hit the soggy sand.

  "Of course, we just had to meet here," Parks said with disgust and a man clapped him on the shoulder.

  "Parks, you are probably the girliest man to ever set foot in the CIA," the man said and Parks brushed at his shoulder as if dusting off dirt.

  "Yes, I'm quite alright with that. I don't see you going out of your way to go out and kill zombies, Junko," Parks said to the man, Junko.

  "Those things creep me out," Junko said and shivered the tiniest bit.

  "Five minutes," Trent whispered as he looked at his watch. I nodded and then heard the sound of another Jeep approaching.

  "Ah there's the rest of the crew, and hopefully the Boss himself," Parks said and I could almost distinguish a bit of excitement in his voice. Like a kid at Christmas.

  The Jeep pulled up next to the other one and Parks happiness disappeared instantly.

  "Well of course it's just Mr. Worthless and his worthless followers," Parks said as three more people joined, bringing the count up to ten. I cursed under my breath and clutched my gun tighter.

  "Shut it Parks. Where's the Boss? We have all of the important people here like someone asked," the new man asked and Parks shrugged.

  "If I knew do you think I would be sitting here, Ris?" Parks asked the man with bitterness.

  Ris opened his mouth to respond but another motor sounded down the beach and a car came speeding up and skid to a stop, spraying wet sand all over Junko, Ris, and Parks.

  The door was thrown open and a tall man with sleeked back black hair climbed out of the car in a white dress shirt and faded jeans. The man looked so familiar in so many ways. Almost like I had known him forever.

  "Boss," Parks said and walked up and shook hands with the man. Parks seemed to have forgotten that he was covered in sand.

  "Parks, nice to finally meet you," the Boss said. His voice was smooth but there was venom in it that made me shudder.

  "Thirty seconds," Trent whispered to me and I nodded and scooted closer to the cliff's edge, Trent right beside me.

  "Who called us all here today? I do believe you mentioned something about having a lead on the Richards rat?" the Boss asked and I gritted my teeth and Trent stood up and I followed. Down each side of the coast I could see Ashley, Van, and Nile and Kyle and Miranda.