Chapter 6: Collapsed

My eyes fluttered open. I couldn't figure out where I was. There were stone walls all around me. I tried to move my arms and legs but they were bound together. I was leaned up against a wall. I looked around again. It looked like I was in a parking garage. Kyle, Miranda, Cory, and Morgan were all tied up like I was and leaned against walls.

  "Kyle! Miranda!" I yelled at them hoping to get them to wake up.

  "Shut it girl," the same man that had shot us with sleeping darts said.

  "Screw off. Let us go," I said squinting my eyes at the man.

  "I will not hesitate to kill you," the man growled at me.

  I opened my mouth to argue with him but another man walked in through a door across from me.

  "Alright everything is set. You can start interrogating them," the new man said.

  "Okay. Wake the rest of them up," the first man said.

  The second man walked over to Morgan and kicked her in the side. Morgan moaned and opened her eyes.

  "What the hell?" Morgan mumbled. She looked around and her eyes got huge.

  "Where are we?" Morgan asked with her eyes huge.

  The man walked around and woke up Cory, Miranda, and Kyle.

  "Dude! Where the hell are we and what do you want?" Kyle yelled at the two men.

  "Do any of you know how this whole apocalypse started?" the first man asked ignoring Kyle's question.

  Miranda turned and looked at me with wide eyes. I gave her the "act natural" look. Kyle, Cory, and Morgan saw the look and gave me a brisk nod.

  "Nope. We are just as clueless as you guys are. Couldn't you have just asked us this without having to kidnap us?" Miranda asked.

  "We know that you guys know something," one of the men said. He walked over to me and smacked the back of my head.

  "What do you mean you know-?" Morgan asked. Her eyes looked like they were going to pop out of her head.

  "So unless you tell us what you know, this place is going to blow," the man continued like Morgan hadn't said anything.

  "In exactly ten minutes this whole building is going to blow up," the other man said. He held up a remote. He pushed the button and it started counting down from ten minutes.

  "Holy shit man! No that's not necessary! We don't know anything!" Cory said struggling against the ropes.

  "Well if you insist. Have fun dying," the man said. He threw the remote over his shoulder. He then turned around and walked around the corner.

  "Oh my God, we're going to die," Morgan said. She was breathing heavily.

  Think. I had to do something. There had to be something that I could do! That's when I remembered the knife I had in my belt. I stretched my hands trying to reach it. I strained and finally was able to grab it. I turned it in my hand and cut the rope that bound my hands together. I leaned down and cut the rope that was around my legs.

  "Holy shit I swear you are superhuman," Kyle said. I ran over to him and cut the rope. As soon as I cut the rope from him he stood up and wrapped his arms around me. He leaned back and looked at me.

  "I think I'm the one looking after you," I whispered. Kyle smiled. He leaned towards me and kissed me. Wow he was a good kisser. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned into the kiss.

  "Hey? Guys! Some of us are still tied up and this building is going to blow up soon!" Miranda yelled.

  I broke away from Kyle. Right reality. I ran over to Miranda and cut her free. Kyle untied Morgan and then Cory.

  "We need to find a way out of here!" Miranda said. She ran to the nearest door. I ran to where the remote was lying on the ground. We had 2 minutes before the building exploded. I ran to a different door on the other side of the building. The door was locked. I looked around. My back pack was laying on the floor. It looked like it still had everything in it. I ran over and grabbed it. I took out one of my guns and aimed at the lock. I shot it three times. The door wasn't giving in. Now panic was starting to take over.

  "One minute!" Cory yelled. All the doors were locked.

  "Cory! Felix's shotgun!" I yelled at Cory. Cory grabbed the shotgun that was leaning against the wall and ran over to me. I grabbed it from him and shot the lock. The lock blew off and the door opened. I heard the other door open on the other side of the room. Cory and I ran out the door we were at and Kyle, Miranda, and Morgan ran out the other one. Cory was faster then I was so he booked it out of there. I swung my back pack onto my shoulder.

  BANG.

  The whole building behind us exploded into flames. It fell towards the direction that Cory and I were running. I willed my legs to run faster. Cory had ran out of the range of the building. Wreckage started raining down around me. Great now I had to avoid the building and the wreckage. I felt something big and hard hit the back of my leg. My leg collapsed underneath me and I fell. I rolled and landed on my stomach. Another piece of wreckage hit me. It felt like shrapnel. Before I could lift myself up I looked up. There was the top of the building. Right over me. I felt something land on me and that's when I blacked out.