Chapter 33: Grenades Are Back In Fashion

"We trusted you!" Nile yelled as he launched himself at Darwin. Darwin showed no sign of emotion and kicked me in the stomach. I yelled out in pain again and tried to guard my stomach, which just launched more pain through my head.

  "If any of you do anything dumb at any time, pretty little Astrix is going to be feeling more pain then that," Darwin said. I struggled to keep my eyes open but they burned.

  "Darwin, didn't you want to tell us something? Isn't that why you brought us here?" Parks asked. Darwin bent down near my head.

  "Yes," He said I glared at him and I could have sworn I saw hurt in his eyes. Then again I did have a concussion. I was probably imagining it.

  Darwin grabbed the neck of my tee shirt and I knew what he was doing. I moved my knee up quickly and caught Darwin of  guard. I nailed him in the side and he crumpled to the ground. I moaned from the pain that radiated through me and immediately felt a jet of pain go through my side again and my head hit the wall again. I yelled out in pain again. I felt cold go down my back and my eyes clouded.

  Darwin once again grabbed my shirt collar and pulled it down, leaving the bite scar showing.

  "Oh my God," Was all Parks said. The coldness was starting to engulf me and I felt like I was drowning without the water.

  Darwin nodded and then moved closer to my head.

  "Trust me, please. This will all be over soon," Darwin whispered in my ear. I didn't understand what he meant.

  "Get the hell away from her!" Kyle yelled. Darwin winced and sighed he looked back at me and all at once I understood. I nodded slowly so that no one would notice and braced myself for what was to come.

  "Excuse me?" Darwin asked, putting his tough guy act back on.

  "I said. Get. Away. From. Her," Kyle said. His voice was almost as threatening as Darwin's.

  Darwin kicked me in the side again and I moaned, keeping in my yell of pain.

  "Wanna keep talking?" Darwin asked with a smug look.

  Kyle stayed silent, as did the rest of the people. Well almost the rest of them.

  "Yeah hurt the Zombie all you want. Nobody cares," Cory hissed. Darwin must have thought it was reverse psychology because he kicked me again. I was positive the ribs I had just healed were broken again.

  "Yeah keep doing it. Like I said we don't care," Cory said. Darwin must have picked up the tension because he stepped towards Cory and decked him in the face. Blood poured out of Cory's nose.

  "Anything else?" Darwin asked and this time everyone stayed quiet.

  "Thank you Agent Darwin. Now, this bite? She's immune then?" Parks asked. Darwin nodded

  "Perfect. With her, we could do a lot," Parks said and then rambled on about stuff nobody was paying attention to. That's when I noticed the small, egg like thing in Darwin's hand.

  "Excuse me Agent Parks, but I need to teach all of these people a lesson. Do you mind?" Darwin asked. Parks stopped talking and looked at Darwin who had a murderous look in his eyes.

  "Oh yes, take all the time you need," Parks said. He gathered his agents and they stood in the corner and talked as Darwin yelled at Kyle, Nile, Trent, and Cory to go outside in the backyard. Darwin came over to me and linked his arms under me and carried me outside. I heard a small click and saw the grenade roll onto the ground. Darwin ran out of the house and into the yard. He yelled at every one to run and they looked in horror at each other but then ran towards the wooded area behind the house.

  I heard a loud explosion that cracked open my skull and rang in my ears and felt heat. Darwin tripped from the momentum and I rolled on the long dead grass, coming to a stop on my stomach and watching debris spray everywhere.

  "Astrix!" Nile yelled and I felt a hand on my back.

  "Traitor!" Trent yelled at Darwin.

  "I just saved your lives!" Darwin yelled. My ears were still ringing and the cold had gone throughout my body.

  "Might not have saved one life. You might have ended it," Nile said as he ran his hand over my head. I moaned in protest. "She has a concussion."

  "Guys!" I heard Van yell and heard him and the three girls approach.

  "Astrix! Oh God what happened?" Miranda yelled as she sat by my unmoving body.

  Nile and Kyle took turns explaining what had happened. With every word they said, my eyes grew heavier and my mind got hazier.

  "Astrix, no, you have to stay awake! If you don't you could die! Astrix!" Nile yelled at me but I couldn't do anything. The ice coldness swept throughout my body and I felt like I was falling into an endless pit. My head felt like someone was hitting it with a hammer, over and over again. That's when the pit swallowed me.

-----

A/N

To kill or not to kill Astrix... hmmm...

Sundays are my update days now!!