Chapter 39: Chopper Stopper

"Is everyone ready?" I asked and Ashley, Nile, Trent, Darwin, and Morgan nodded quickly. Kyle hesitated then sighed.

  "Let's get this over with," he said.

  "Why do we have to stay?" Miranda whined. I put my hand on her shoulder.

  "Because this is dangerous and you are still recovering," I said.

  "So is Nile! Why can't I come?" Van protested.

  "Cory," Kyle said and rubbed the blades of two freshly sharpened knives together.

  "And we need Nile," I said and shoved two pistols into my belt. I put my knives in my belt as well.

  "Ugh, fine. Just try not to get too beaten up, alright?" Miranda asked me and I nodded. Miranda pulled me into a hug. After a while I broke away and rubbed her head.

  "Okay. Let's do this," I said and threw on my black jacket just as the helicopter flew over.

*

*

*

*

*

  "Trent, get behind that house. Ashley go with him. Kyle, Nile, and Darwin get your guns and keep your eyes on that chopper. Morgan, stay here and make sure no one spots us before we want them to," I said. My group nodded and dispersed to their positions. We had followed the helicopter for a good twenty minutes and it was pitch dark out.

  I dashed out into the grassy field that we had planned to get the helicopter to land in. I rolled and crawled through the long and dead grass.

  I loaded my gun and positioned in towards the helicopter as it was circling back towards me. I breathed in and as I exhaled I pulled the trigger of the gun and knicked the top of the window shield. A crack sprung down the window and there was a shout. Then the search light turned on and landed on me.

  "It's her! It's Richards!" a voice called and I flipped them off before turning and dashing back towards the small town. The helicopter landed as I hopped over the fence and ran back to where our plan would take place. I heard a gun load and then a shot right as I ran behind the house where Trent and Ashley were waiting.

  One man followed and Trent slammed a baseball bat into his stomach. The man landed on the ground and moaned in pain. Ashley bound him with rope and duct taped his mouth.

  "I've always wanted a sniper!" Ash said as she picked up the sniper.

  "They have snipers?" I asked and then my gut wrenched. "They have snipers," I whispered and I ran to where Nile and Darwin were with their guns.

  "Astrix? What are you doing? You're not supposed to be here!" Nile said as he realized it was me.

  "They have snipers. You have to take them out before they can get their sights on you," I said breathlessly and Darwin gave me a thumbs up. I turned to go find more victims to lead to Darwin, Kyle, and Nile.

  "There she is!" one man called and I whipped out my gun and fired at him. He dropped to the ground and lay unmoving.

  I heard a person behind me then a thump before I could turn around. I turned and saw Morgan sitting on top of an unconscious man.

  "Thanks Morgan," I said and she gave me a thumbs up and dashed away.

  "Ah, Richards," a voice said and I spun and saw Parks standing behind me, with a gun none the less.

  "Didn't fancy seeing you here. Thought you were dead," I said and crossed my arms. They need you alive. I kept telling myself that.

  "Can't say the same about you. I knew you'd pull something. As for my "death" that grenade didn't do as much damage as you may have thought," Parks said and that's when a man came out of the shadows, with Nile.

  "Let him go," I said and stepped forward. Parks sighed and looked at Nile.

  "You know, I thought you were smarter then that. You should have known we wouldn't just let him go like that. If anything," Parks said and the man was holding a gun to Nile's head.

  "Let him go Parks and maybe I won't shoot you," Darwin said as he appeared out of the shadows.

  "Darwin? Why are you still with these people?" Parks said. Nile smiled and I grinned. Parks looked astonished to see Darwin there. Helping us.

  "Because, my mission was never to just befriend them. It was to get away from you and kill you. Did I ever tell you just how annoying you are?" Darwin asked and his gun went up.

  "Now now. I have a gun, and so does he. I don't think you want to play this game right now," Parks said and held his gun up to Darwin.

  "Yeah about that. You aren't very smart, huh?" I asked and Parks glared at me.

  "You honestly thought there would only be three of us?" Darwin finished and Parks looked around. Ashley, Trent, Kyle, and Morgan were each holding a sniper and had grins on their faces.

  "You little bitches. This is a trap!" Parks said and I nodded.

  "Yes. Yes it is. Now I suggest you stop trying to come after us or else their will be far more traps than this," I said and kicked the gun out of Parks hands. I punched him in the nose and he fell to the ground.

  That's when I heard the gun go off and a yell of pain.

-----

A/N

Oops I shot someone again...

So I just thought I'd update tonight because I officially just finished the last chapter of this book (chapter 49) and I wanted to celebrate. That and there are 1,700 reads on this book! I almost cried tears of joyfulness when I saw that. So here's my random update on a Tuesday night for you guys. Your welcome.