Chapter 42: Giving In

"You don't have to do this," Kyle protested. I shook my head.

"Yes I do. Nobody else gets hurt because of me. Nobody," I said. Kyle put his hand on my cheek.

"What if something goes wrong?" Kyle asked. I smiled at him.

"They need me alive. I'll be fine," I said and turned away from him. Today was the day that I was going to give myself in.

There was a hand on my shoulder and Kyle spun me around and kissed me. I leaned  into the kiss and then I broke away from him.

"I'll be fine," I said. Kyle nodded and that's when the rest of the crew came downstairs.

"Astrix, we'll get you out of there," Darwin said and held his hand out for me to shake. I rolled my eyes and threw my arms around him in a hug. He was shocked for a moment then hugged me back.

"Trent, when I get back I think we need a rematch. You know, to see if you proved yourself," I said and Trent punched me in the shoulder.

"Yeah, this time I'll win," Trent said and Ashley snorted.

"I doubt that," she said and I hugged her and then Van and Miranda.

"Don't worry. We'll be able to get you out of there," Darwin said again.

"There's not a doubt in my mind that you won't," I said and walked out the door, and really, there wasn't.

*

*

*

*

*

"My my, what do we have here?" a man said as I walked towards him. I had been walking for almost an hour to find a CIA agent.

"Yeah yeah. Where's Parks?" I asked and the man smiled slightly.

"He's watching a prisoner. I think you might know him?" the man asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. I'm here so let's get this over with, shall we?" I asked and a hand went around my neck.

"You're the famous Astrix Richards. You've got to have a trick up your sleeve. You wouldn't have come quietly. Where's Darwin?" the man asked. As soon as he said Darwin's name his eyes lighted with anger.

"How would I know, I left," I gasped for air and tried to loosen the arm but they didn't budge.

The man took out a communication unit of some kind and pressed a button on the side.

"Karnes to Parks. Come in Parks," the man said.

"Parks here," a voice crackeled over the unit.

"We have her. We have Richards," he said and there was a stunned silence.

"Get her to Seattle. Now," Parks said and then the unit went dead.

"Seattle huh? Wonderful now I know where you guys are located," I said with a grin.

"Doesn't matter, you'll be dead by the end of the week anyways," the man said and my heart dropped a little. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a shadow move and I knew I was the only one that saw it.

The man holding me grabbed my hands and tied them together with rope then shoved me towards a helicopter.

I was shoved towards the helicopter and right outside of it, the leading man turned and looked at me.

"I suppose you'll cause issues if you're conscious on the chopper so," I saw what was coming and my instincts kicked in. I twisted out of the man's grip and ducked as the leading guy threw a punch. I swung my leg into the leaders leg and he fell. The man that was holding me quickly grabbed me by my shoulders and the leader stood up and punched me in the nose.

"You're definitely fast. Where did you learn that? Darwin?" the leader asked and there was another small movement from the shadow.

"Nope. Learned them on my own," I said and the leader smiled and punched me again. The man holding me let me fall to the ground and a foot connected with my bad side. I moaned and curled into a ball.

"Too bad your friends aren't here to help you," the leader whispered in my ear. Something connected with my side again and then the side of my head. Blackness was at the sides of my vision and I was staring at Darwin as he watched from the safety of some dead bushes. He looked ready to charge forward and raise hell but then his eyes found mine and he stopped.

"So Ms.Richards. I expect that you're going to stay rather peaceful on the way to Seattle. Am I correct?" the man asked and my vision blurred and my eyes shut.

-----

A/N

Well, CIA sucks. And everything is slowly going downhill. Or is it going uphill...? Hmmm...