Chapter 29: Turning

Before I knew what I was doing I was off the ground and had my arms around Kyle.

  "Uh," Kyle said. I didn't unhook my arms from his neck but I pulled back and looked him in the eyes.

  "Come on, I know you remember me," I said quietly. Kyle's mouth dropped open and a light shone in his eyes.

  "Astrix," Kyle said and pulled me into a tight hug. We stood like that for a while until I finally pulled back.

  "I thought you were dead," Kyle said. I smiled sadly.

  "It takes more than that to get rid of me," I said. My hand went to my neck and I let go of Kyle. Immediately there were arms around me and red hair was in my face.

  "Oh my God you're alive!" Miranda yelled. I pulled Miranda off of me and her eyes shone with happiness. It felt so good to be looking at my best friend again. Especially after I thought she was dead.

  Then another set of hands wrapped around me and Morgan was wrapped around me.

  I let go of Morgan and turned to Cory. He was looking at me awkwardly.

  "Excuse me, Astrix, but who the hell are these people?" Trent asked angrily. I swung around and came face to face with him.

  "They're the people I've been looking for," I whispered. It sounded threatening and Trent scanned the four people.

  "Wait, so that's your-?" I cut Ashley off by kicking her in the leg.

  "Listen, I hate to cut this short, but I'm bitten and inevitably I'm going to die," I said. My head was pounding worse and my side was hurting again.

  Nobody said anything, they just started at me silently.

  "I'm going to talk to Nile," I said. I turned and walked up the stairs, with great difficulty, until I got to Nile's room.

  I walked in and saw Nile with his eyes open and looking at me. He was sitting up.

  "What's going on?" Nile asked. I could detect a note of terror in his voice. Nile looked at me and his eyes went to my neck. I reached up and covered it with my hand.

  "Astrix. What. Happened," Nile demanded. I sighed and walked to his bed.

  "I was bitten," I choked out. Nile's eyes got wide and his hand went for my face.

  "Please say you're kidding," Nile whispered. I closed my eyes and looked away from Nile.

  "You can't... No..." Nile whispered. I sighed and reached for his hand.

  I squeezed his hand and then got up, ignoring Nile's protests.

  I walked downstairs. As soon as my foot hit the floor a jolt of pain went through me and I was on the ground.

  There was pain racing through me and I felt hot. My eyes blurred and hands were on me. I think people were saying my name but I wasn't sure.

  Another shock went through me and I yelled out in pain. Everything was blurry and distant.

  "Astrix! Listen to me! Don't give in!" a voice yelled. I couldn't tell who it was, I couldn't tell where I was. I felt white hot pain go through me again and this time I kicked out and yelled in pain.

  I felt myself get lifted off of the ground and set on another surface. I opened my eyes and saw outlines of people around me.

  "Astrix, look at me," A voice commanded and I could see a person. Darwin?

  My mind was starting to fog up and my eyes were starting to close. Wave after wave of pain went through me. It seemed like it got worse every time. And then all at once, I blacked out.

----- Read below

A/N

DON'T KILL ME

And did I tell you guys how much I freaking LOVE Pentatonix? Well now you know.

So guys I wanna be more social with you guys. Inbox me a question, comment, or just a "hello" and I'll answer. :)

And this story just got to 1,113 reads!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH