Chapter 25: Hacking Into Systems

I checked my watch one more time. 3:27 a.m. I got up off of my bed and made my way to the other room where Darwin was sleeping. The door was slightly open. I peeked inside and saw Darwin asleep, snoring softly.

  I opened the door and walked inside. I stopped as soon as I felt something touching my foot. I looked down and saw a trip wire.

  "Of course," I whispered and stepped over it. Darwin's back pack was lying on the ground, his laptop halfway out. I reached down and pulled out the laptop and a folder full of paper that was on the laptop. I hopped back over the trip wire and made my way to mine and Ashley's room.

  I plopped on my bed, not caring if I woke up Ashley. I flipped open the computer. As soon as I opened it, a database came up, asking for a pass code.

  I smiled and cracked my fingers. I loved a challenge. Especially a challenge such as, hacking into the CIA database.

  "Astrix? Wha-?" Ashley asked but I was off my bed and had my hand over her mouth instantly.

  "Shhh," I hushed. Ashley was usually a really hard sleeper.

  I let go of her mouth and shut the door to our room.

  "What are you doing?" Ashley asked in a hushed voice. She had recognized that the computer belonged to Darwin.

  "I'm hacking into the CIA database," I said. Ashley gasped.

  "If they found out-!"

  "They won't. I've done this before," I said.

  "Hacked into the CIA?" Ashley asked.

  "No but I have hacked into banks and police records. This isn't all that different," I said.

  "Except that they have more security!" Ashley whispered.

  I sighed. I knew I wouldn't be able to get a whole lot done with Ashley asking a million questions. I walked back over to her and sat by her.

  "What are you doi-?"

  "Sorry Ash," I said. Immediately I did a pressure point on her neck she was asleep.

  I crossed back over to my bed and finished getting through the fire walls and other security measures that blocked off the database, which took close to two hours.

  Once I was in,  I was able to get onto Darwin's file. All that was on there was his name, birth date, race, and other main stuff. There was nothing extravagant about it. That's when I realized when he joined the CIA.

  "June 16th," I whispered. That was two weeks after the apocalypse started. How was he able to get into the CIA that easily?

  I finally turned my attention to the file. I opened it and immediately saw a picture of me. I picked up the paper. It had my name, age, race, and... blood type.

  "Non existent?" I asked as I read the space by my blood type.

  I kept reading the paper.

  'Astrix Irene Richards, a potential threat to our lifestyle and any chances of creating a stable lifestyle, post apocalypse. Her father, Adrian Green Richards, was one of the creators of the known 'zombie virus' or more scientifically speaking, ZH1N4. There is a definite possibility that she is continuing what her father started. As we are unsure of that yet, Agent Darwin is going to befriend Ms.Richards and try to get some useful information that may benefit our understanding of this virus so that a cure may be made. No harm shall be done to Ms.Richards until we have proved that she is of no use to our society'

  I felt like I wanted to throw the paper across the room. I knew there was something going on with Darwin. I wasn't sure what but now I knew. I flipped through the folder and found more papers on me and then some general papers of my friends, and then finally, one of Darwin.

  I read through the paragraph and gasped quite loudly.

  "Well hello there, dirty snooper."

----- PLEASE READ BELOW

A/N

873 reads! There are no words to describe how happy I am!

OKAY GUYS PLEASE READ THIS BECAUSE I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IF I SHOULD MAKE A SEQUEL OR JUST FINISH EVERYTHING IN THIS BOOK! IF I FINISH IT IN THIS BOOK IT WILL BE REALLY LONG! YOUR GUY'S CHOICE!!