Chapter 44: Rescue Mission

Kyle's P.O.V.

"I'm so done with all of you!" I yelled as I shot the body of a CIA agent. There was complete rage burning inside of me. I wasn't even sure why. Oh yes I was, because the CIA stole the person I promised would never die!

"Kyle, stick to the plan," Darwin said and I rolled my eyes and followed him farther into the building.

"We need to find Nile as well," Ashley said as she held a gun up, ready to fire whenever necessary.

"Yeah, I'm aware but for now let's just see who we can find-," Darwin was cut off as a door opened and a guard came out. Trent and Van both had their guns up at the same time and within a matter of seconds the guard was on the ground. Darwin and I advanced to the room and looked through the door.

"Nile!" Darwin yelled and we rushed forward. Nile was unconscious against a wall. His hands were tied behind his back and he was hardly breathing. Darwin slashed the rope that bound him together and we carried out of the room between us.

"Van and Ashley, you need to take Nile and get him out of here. Now. He's seriously injured and Miranda is waiting," I demanded and Van and Ashley nodded and grabbed Nile, racing back the way we came.

"We gotta find Astrix," I said. My voice was laced with worry and fear was rising in me. If Nile was that beat up, what was Astrix like? It had been a week since Astrix had given herself in.

"It's okay, we will," Darwin said and then a gun sounded behind us and Trent, Darwin, and I all dropped to our knees and swung on the shooter.

"Parks," Darwin growled and the shooting stopped.

"Darwin? Oh wonderful, I've been meaning to speak to you," Parks said, his voice was almost giddy.

"Shut it. Where's Astrix?" Darwin demanded and Parks grinned.

"Oh, probably dead by now," Parks said and my stomach lurched.

"You're lying. I can see it in your eyes," Darwin said and Parks made the tsk tsk noise.

"That's why I hate when the CIA doesn't go through people's background before hiring them. Traitors are quite an issue you know," Parks said matter of factly. There was a dangerous glint in Parks's eyes.

Darwin didn't say anything, he just took the time to fire several shots at Parks. Parks was immediately shooting them back and Darwin shoved Trent and I back into a different hallway.

"Go around and find Astrix!" Darwin yelled and Trent raced away. Before I turned there was a shot and a patch of red blossomed on Darwin's shoulder. He cried out in pain and fell against the wall.

"I'm not leaving you!" I yelled and was standing in front of Darwin, shooting like crazy at Parks.

"Kyle, get out of here!" Darwin yelled but I ignored him as I fired shot after shot. Eventually Parks fell to the ground and I breathed deeply, trying to regain my calm.

"Kyle, go," Darwin said through clenched teeth. He didn't get one bullet fired into his arm, he got two. They were both bleeding heavily and the bullets were still inside of his arm. I knew that if we left him now, in that spot, he would be utterly useless when an enemy came by.

"No, let's go," I said, and looped my arm under his uninjured one. I heaved him to his feet and he moaned in pain. I pulled him along in the direction Trent had dashed.

After walking/dragging for two minutes Trent had come racing down he hall.

"I found her!" Trent yelled and I nodded. Trent led us in the direction and soon we were at another room. I propped Darwin against the wall and ran to Astrix. She was lying on the floor with blood dripping from her wrist and there were scratch marks all down her left arm. There was blood on her face and bruises everywhere. I lifted her up, bridal style and turned to Darwin and Trent.

"Let's get out of this hell house," I said and they nodded.

*

*

*

*

*

"Ow! Bitches that hurts!" Darwin yelled as Miranda dug out one of the bullets that was in his arm. Darwin's face was pure white and he had been cussing non stop for three minutes.

"Stay still you pansy!" Miranda yelled and retrieved a bloody bullet from the worse of the two wounds on his arm.

"Okay, next one," Miranda said and Darwin flinched and looked away from his arm.

"When are Nile and Astrix gonna wake up?" Ashley asked and Miranda sighed.

"They should be awake in a few days. They were drugged pretty bad," Miranda said and I sighed.

"Guys, I'm warning you. Don't press about what happened. I've seen some of the interrogations that they do and they are not pretty," Darwin said as Miranda dug the other bullet out of his arm and cut Darwin's shirt off.

"What do they do?" Ashley asked with round eyes. Darwin just closed his eyes and shook his head. Miranda finished wrapping his arm and patted him on the back.

"Okay, you're good to go. I suggest you take it easy. At least until those wounds can heal a wee bit," Miranda said and Darwin waved her off.

"Nile's in really bad shape. Far worse then Astrix," Van said. It was the first thing he had said in a long time and I looked away.

"Yeah, it's bad but he'll be okay," Trent said. I could see some worry in his eyes.

"How do you know that?" Ashley lashed and Trent lowered his eyes.

"Only time will tell if he is okay. Nile is a fighter," I said and then stood up and went outside into the chilly night. I wasn't sure what I was doing when I got down on my knees and pierced a small part of my skin with my knife in anxiousness.