Chapter 4: Felix

A sharp pain went through me. I jolted awake and sat up as another flash of pain shot through me. I let go of Kyle's hand and stood up. I stumbled to the bathroom and flipped on the light to see that my face was red and I was sweating. I turned on the faucet and splashed water on my face. That felt a little better. There was just a dull throb now. I uncovered my wound. It was healing up great and was obviously not the source of the pain. Then another jolt of pain seared through me. I stumbled and fell against the wall. What was happening?

  "Are you alright?" Miranda whispered walking through the door in the bathroom.

  "Shouldn't you be asleep?" I asked. My voice sounded rough and weird.

  "I'm not a heavy sleeper and when I hear you get up and stumble to the bathroom I get kind of worried. So what's up?" Miranda asked. I was still leaning against the wall heavily.

  "I'm not sure. I just keep feeling these random jolts of pain go through me," I said. My head was throbbing and I felt exhausted.

  "Maybe it's from the scratch. There is a good chance that something got into your system. Whether that be the common flu or even the zombie virus I'm not sure," Miranda said.

  "So in other words there is a 50% chance of me dying?" I asked.

  "I think by morning you should be fine. I'm gonna guess that the pain is from your body fighting off whatever it is. You're strong. You should be fine. Now try to go back to sleep. It's only one in the morning," Miranda said smiling. Then she turned and left. I was a little worried but I finally just walked back over to where I was lying and laid back down by Kyle. I flipped onto my right side so I was right up against Kyle. I grabbed his hand and sighed. I closed my eyes and was almost asleep when I felt Kyle squeeze my hand.

*

*

*

*

*

  I woke up to the sun coming up again. Kyle was still asleep and I was still pressed up against him. I was about to get up when I decided to just lay there for a while.

  After about ten minutes I heard Cory get up off the couch. Oh no. Here comes the teasing.

  "Miranda! Morgan! Look!" Cory said in a hushed yell.

  "Grow up Cory," Miranda said yawning.

  "Omg! They look so cute!" Morgan said. At least she wasn't bawling her eyes out anymore.

  "I know you're awake," Kyle whispered to me. I smiled.

  "You obviously are too," I said. I sat up slowly, unwinding my hand from his. Kyle also sat up.

  "Morning love birds," Cory snickered. He had a mug of coffee in his hand.

  "You jealous Cory? Cause you're kind of acting like it," Kyle said standing up and walking over to him.

  "Pfft no!" Cory said rolling his eyes. I walked over and Miranda handed me a mug of coffee.

  "Thanks," I said.

  "No problem. You feeling better?" Miranda asked.

  "A little bit of a headache but other then that I'm great," I said smiling.

  "How did you get a boyfriend in two days? Teach me your ways!" Morgan said walking over to us.

  "Chill, I wouldn't necessarily call him my boyfriend," I said.

  "Oh come on Astrix! He's so into you and you are so into him! As of this morning I would call him your boyfriend," Morgan said looking over at the boys, who were arguing about something stupid.