Chapter 37: One Or The Other

"What do we do about Cory?" Kyle asked. I shrugged.

  "Shoot him? He tried to kill me," I said as I stopped twirling my knife.

  "We can't shoot him! He's a human! We only shoot-," Morgan started but I glared at her. Kyle winced a little.

  "Morgan is right. We can't shoot him. We can't kill people. It's wrong and-,"

  "Kyle, you did what you had to do. If you didn't kill Felix who knows what would have happened," I said, but I knew what would have happened. Darwin would probably be dead and so would Miranda and Nile.

  "You saved more lives then you ended. . ." Morgan whispered. It had been a week since Felix had reappeared. Kyle had been having issues dealing with the fact that he killed a person. Nile and Miranda were making great recoveries and my wrist wasn't wrapped anymore.

  "Back to Cory, please? Before Darwin, Trent, Van, and Ashley get back," Kyle said.

  "He's going insane. He is literally driving himself insane," I said and Morgan and Kyle looked at me with curiosity.

  "You. . . don't wanna know. . ." I said and sighed. When we had been talking about Victoria, Cory had had a haunted look.

  "Maybe we should leave him behind?" Morgan suggested. Kyle's eyes got dark and he lowered his head.

  "I can't leave him. He's my best friend," Kyle said. I put my hand on his shoulder.

  "What else can we do? We don't know if Cory is going to try to do anything again. It's better to be safe then sorry," I said quietly. Kyle didn't lift his head.

  "Kyle-,"

  "No. I'm not leaving him," Kyle said quickly and I flinched away from him.

  "Then there's only one other thing that can happen. I have to leave," I said and both Morgan and Kyle glared at me.

  "Why are you so anxious about leaving?" Kyle asked. He narrowed his eyes.

  "It's not that easy to explain," I said quietly.

  "No, say it. Why do you need to leave? What happened before we found you, lying in the street?" Kyle asked. There was anger in his voice and I flinched away from him again.

  "She's right when she says it isn't easy to explain and she means it when she says she's trying to save you guys. Trust me I'm a CIA agent. I know what the world wants with her," Darwin said as he walked through the front door.

  "I know you're a CIA agent. You're the reason we almost died," Kyle said through gritted teeth.

  "But really, I'm also the reason you are all still alive," Darwin said, getting to Kyle's eye level.

  "Guys, quit," Morgan and I said at the same time.

  "Maybe you should be the one to leave?" Kyle threatened, ignoring Morgan and I. I stood up and stepped between them. They both glared at me.

  "We are being chased by ravenous freaks and the CIA. Can't we act like normal ass Americans and live for one freaking week without trying to kill each other? If so that would be absolutely lovely," I yelled. I was past the point of anger.

  "Let me be the mature one on this," Darwin said and turned away from Kyle. Kyle glared after him for a few seconds then turned away.

  "So, am I leaving or are we leaving Cory?" I asked, crossing my arms.

  "We're not letting you leave us again," Morgan said and Kyle nodded.

  "That means Cory," I said to Kyle and he sighed.

  "I know," was all he said before standing and going outside.

  I stared at the door for at least a minute before turning and walking to Nile's room.

  "Oh, hey X," Nile said and I rolled my eyes.

  "Haha very funny," I said and sat beside him on his bed. His arm was wrapped in thick gauze and he had dark circles under his eyes.

  "Why haven't you been sleeping?" I asked in concern.

  "Which reason do you want?" Nile asked sarcastically but I glared at him.

  "Other than the fact that my arm hurts like heck and nightmares, I feel like someone is going to find us," Nile said.

  "Nobody is going to find us. We're safe," I said but Nile looked doubtful.

  "We're safe for now," Nile said and a shudder went through me.

  "We'll be fine," I lied. Nile looked me in the eyes.

  "You and I both know that's a lie. We can't hide forever. Someone is going to find us. Something is going to happen. I know it and so do you," Nile said and I lowered my head. I had that feeling again. The feeling that something was going to happen. I hoped it was just me being paranoid again.

  "So, what do we do?" I asked. I knew there was no way to avoid a threat forever but I did know there were a lot of ways to delay a threat.

  "We have to outsmart the Boss."

-----

Bam :) The boss? Whattt...? Who's dat...? Oh yeah, the CIA boss :)

I dunno why I am updating today, but oh well.

Guys, please, please, PLEASE go follow mine and my friend's Wattpad account! the name is LadyAnswerElves and we would appreciate it so much! Again it would mean a ton and thank you so much if you do follow it!!!!!

Thanks so much for reading everyone :)