Chapter 43: Torture Exercises

"Nice of you to join us Ms.Richards," a voice said as my eyes opened. My head was fuzzy and I looked up at the person standing over me.

"Yeah. It's great isn't it?" I asked sarcastically. Parks rolled his eyes.

"So, I have a preposition," Parks said and I was the one to roll my eyes.

"I guarantee I won't go with this preposition of yours," I said and Parks grinned.

"I want one thing from you so that I can do what everyone wants. More like The Boss will do what everyone wants. Or so they think," Parks said and I glared at him.

"What is going on in that crazy little head of yours?" I asked and tried to wiggle my way out of the ropes that bound me together still.

"Everyone wants The Boss to create a cure. To do that I needed you though. So once I tricked the remaining amount of humans into thinking that you were the only way that they would survive, it wasn't too difficult to get tips on where you had been sighted and other things. Hence how we were able to send Beige after you. Even though he failed, he was able to slow down your pace," Parks said and I felt like I knew where this was going.

"Now that I have you, I'm not creating a cure. I'm creating stronger zombies. Zombies that will be nearly unkillable. Me and Grange of course. Wherever that wacko may be," Parks said and a rage built inside of me.

"Of course, I need your blood from you. And since it will evidently kill you if I suck the blood out of you, I will need some more information out of you before we kill you," Parks said and I continued to glare at him stubbornly.

"Darwin. What do you know about him?" Parks asked and I continued to glare at him. It's not like they could do anything to me.

"Very well," Parks said and lifted his communication unit to his mouth. "She's not cooperating. Cue the screen."

As soon as Parks said it a Tv screen flickered on and I gasped.

"Leave him alone!" I yelled and struggled against the ropes that tied me together.

"Tell me what you know or else," Parks said. I continued to struggle against the ropes. I looked at the screen again and saw that Nile was in horrible shape. He was breathing shallowly, had blood along the left side of his face and bruises everywhere. There was blood staining his shoulder where his most recent gun shot wound was and his face looked shallow. It looked like he had been here longer then two days.

"Leave him alone! Please!" I yelled and I felt tears in my eyes.

"Tell us!"

"I don't know anything about him!" I lied and Parks knew I was lying because a shadow stepped towards Nile and I quickly looked away but it couldn't stop the yells of pain from reaching my ears.

"Ms.Richards, what do you know about Darwin?" Parks asked and by now there were tears streaming down my face.

"He's the son! The son of Grange!" I yelled through my tears.

Parks nodded and moved towards me.

"Anything else?" Parks asked and I trembled as he got nearer to me.

"Please, let him go," I said and Parks smiled and shook his head like I was an ignorant child.

"He broke the rules. You know what the punishment for that is. I know you know," Parks said and I struggled against the ropes some more.

"You have me though! They won't be anywhere near me if you kill me. They aren't a part of this anymore!" I argued. I felt cold and I shivered in fear. I knew what was coming couldn't be any better then what they had done to Nile.

"Maybe. But how do we know you're going to cooperate with us? Nile is the only way we can make sure you are doing what you should be," Parks said and I swallowed and breathed deeply, trying to calm myself.

"I don't want anyone getting hurt because of me anymore. I really don't," I said. The look that crossed Parks's face told me he knew I wasn't lying.

"Very well. In that case, we won't be needing you at the moment. Goodbye Ms.Richards," Parks said and took out a syringe full of dark red, almost maroon, liquid and stabbed it into my neck. I yelled out in pain as the liquid entered my body and then my eyes got dark and I lost consciousness, but the pain didn't go away.

-----

A/N

So warning. Next chapter is going from Kyle's perspective. Maybe you'll figure out why, maybe not. :)