Chapter 36: Sleep Is For The Weak

Felix yelled in pain and I felt a slight pierce in my side. I looked down and saw the bullet did little less than a grazing and I was bleeding slightly. I shook it off and rushed towards Felix who was lying on the ground, bleeding heavily right above his armpit.

  "Cory what the hell!" Nile yelled and glared at Cory. That's when I realized that Nile didn't know who Felix was. He didn't know just what had happened. And evidently, I forgot it at the very moment because before I knew it, Nile and Darwin were being held at gun point.

  "Okay any of you make a move and they die. Get it?" Felix asked. He had his teeth gritted in obvious pain and was still bleeding.

  "Felix-,"

  "Shut up! Do you know how long it took me to find you? Do you know how long it took to convince Cory to help me? Do you even know how hard I worked for this?" Felix busted out. I shut my mouth.

  "Why are you doing this?" I asked quietly.

  "Nobody messes with me. That's why," Felix muttered and switched the gun from Nile to me, keeping an eye on Darwin.

  "Cory, get me my knife. I do believe it's outside," Felix said with an evil grin. I felt my face go white and I stopped breathing.

  Cory didn't argue, probably from fear. He just stood up and went out the back door. A moment later he came back in with his hands stained with blood and an extremely bloody knife.

  "Thank you," Felix said in a mocking way and snatched the knife from Cory, switching the gun he had pointed at me. He then wiped the knife off on his shirt and held it to my neck. He lowered the gun from Darwin.

  "Astrix, who is this guy?" Nile asked. His face was pure white and that's when I realized the bloody gap in his arm.

  "Yes Astrix. Who am I?" Felix sneered.

  "An asshole," I said with pure hatred.

  Felix stared at me and I felt the knife pierce skin. He dropped his gun from Darwin and was right in front of me. Though he kept casting glances at Darwin and Nile. That's when Darwin connected with my gaze and I knew what I was going to do.

  "During the last four, almost five, months, how long have you been with these people?" Felix asked.

  "Hey, remember the first thing I ever said to you? I think it was something along the lines of "Screw you". Then again I could be mistaken because that was an awfully long time ago," I said and I could feel liquid go down my neck. Felix had me up against a wall and we were three inches apart.

  "I could slice open your neck, Scar Face," Felix said. That sparked rage in me and I brought my leg up, which Felix was obviously expecting because he grabbed my arm and pinned it against my back the wrong way. This brought the knife away from my neck.

  "I will break your wrist," Felix said quietly. Felix still didn't have all his attention trained on me so I did the only thing I could.

  "Go for it," I whispered quietly.

  The next thing I knew was there was a pain in my wrist. It was at the breaking point. That's when Darwin sprang into action. Felix kicked out at Darwin who was already at Felix's back. He connected with Darwin's leg and Darwin ran into me.

  I fell to the floor and landed on my stomach. There was a thump besides me and Nile was on the ground. Blood loss.

  "It's just us, CIA," Felix said. He was face to face with Darwin.

  "Are you sure about that?" Darwin asked and at that moment the door flew open and Morgan, Kyle, Trent, Van, and Ashley were standing in the doorway. Morgan and Kyle's mouths dropped open when their eyes landed on Felix.