Chapter 31: Tempers Rising

"I swear to God, I'm going to kill all of them," I said. Ashley laughed and nodded in agreement.

  "I knew they wouldn't get along. From the moment I met Kyle," Ashley said. We were in the room we shared to stay away from Kyle and Trent.

  "We're just lucky that Nile hasn't fully recovered yet," I mumbled. It had been a week since I was bitten and Kyle and Trent weren't getting along. But Cory and Van weren't either.

  "Damn that's gonna suck," Ashley said with a sigh. Nile had still been recovering from the bullet wound so he wasn't the Nile he used to be. But as soon as he recovered I knew what would happen.

  "SCREW YOU!" Trent yelled loudly. Ashley and I were instantly out the door to our room and saw Darwin between Trent and Kyle.

  "Guys quit!" I yelled. It was only a matter of time until one of them lost it and went after the other.

  "Keep your distance," Darwin said to me as soon as I stepped towards them. They were still going at each other and were shoving against Darwin.

  "Kyle, Trent, STOP!" I yelled. They both snapped their attention to me.

  "Yeah guys listen to the zombie," Cory said. He walked through the door with Van, Miranda, and Morgan behind him. Cory had been avoiding me and calling me a zombie everyday.

  "Shut up, Cory," I growled through gritted teeth.

  "Why, you gonna bite me?" Cory teased. Before I knew what I was doing I was running at Cory and had him on the ground. Arms went around my waist and Kyle pulled me off of Cory before I could nail him in the face.

  "See? I told you that we wouldn't have any issues if you guys hadn't came around!" Trent yelled. Kyle still had his arms linked around my waist and I was struggling to get away from him.

  "We are the reason that Astrix and Van are still alive! Even though we should have left them both to die," Cory snarled as he got himself off of the ground. Another spark of rage went through me and I broke away from Kyle and slammed Cory against the wall. I had a knife over his neck instantly.

  "Astrix!" Darwin yelled but it was distant through my haze of rage.

  "I swear to God, I could make you wish you were never born," I whispered, too quiet for anyone but Cory to hear it.

  "You wouldn't," Cory whispered. I pressed my knife into his throat a little and Cory yelled out in fear.

  "Astrix, stop!" Darwin yelled and barreled into me. I fell to the ground on my stomach and Darwin had all his weight on me and had me pinned down. He pried the knife out of my hand and held my hands together. I tried to squirm away but Darwin had a death grip on me.

  "Quit. It," Darwin said into my ear.

  "Okay, Trent and Kyle. If you don't like each other, stay the hell away from each other! Cory, stop pissing off Astrix or else I'm going to let her tear your throat out," Darwin said. I struggled again and Darwin pushed down on my wrist.

  "Ow! Bitch, let me go!" I yelled.

  "And finally, Astrix, stop trying to kill people!" Darwin yelled at me.

  "Okay let me the hell up before I kill you!" I yelled. Darwin sighed and got off of me then helped me to my feet.

  "Okay, can't we just all be friends? Please?" Van asked even though he glared at Cory.

  "I'm out of here soon anyways," I mumbled. Kyle looked at me weird but then turned his glare back to Darwin.

  "Who do you think you are?" Kyle hissed. Ashley, Trent, Van, and I all tensed up.

  "I'm a-,"

  "Regular person. Someone that was alone and needed help," I said quickly. Kyle cocked an eyebrow at me and looked back at Darwin.

  "Is that true? You don't seem normal," Kyle said.

  "Calm your man tits, Kyle," I said. Kyle walked away from Darwin and came to me.

  "Can I talk to you?" Kyle asked. I nodded and we went outside.

  "You've changed. I don't know how but-,"

  "Zombie," I said and threw a knife over Kyle's shoulder. It stuck into the zombie's face and it dropped to the ground.

  "Well, there's one way. Is it just be or are you kinda-?"

  "Bad ass? I get that a lot. You can ask the people in that house," I said, indicating to the house. I yanked my knife out of the creatures head.

  "What's up with those people? Where did you meet them?" Kyle asked.

  "I met them on the other side of the state after being alone for three months! They took me in. I almost died alone," I said defensively.

  "Okay, okay I get it," Kyle said, and put his hands up. "But why are you leaving?"

  "You wouldn't understand," I said and stepped towards the door. Kyle grabbed my wrist.

  "What wouldn't I understand?" Kyle asked. His eyes were huge with curiosity.

  "It doesn't matter. It's the reason Nile is hurt and the reason that all of us have scars and bruises," I said. Kyle and I were face to face.

  "Please tell me?" Kyle asked. I tried to move away again but before I knew it, Kyle's lips were pressed against mine. I stood stunned for a moment then pushed Kyle away.

  "Kyle, maybe you don't understand so let me enlighten you. I'm not the same person I was four months ago. I have been hurt too many times. I have a price on my head now. People want me dead. I can't do this. I'm leaving soon, and nothing is going to stop me. I'm sorry," I said and then ran down the road, into the town.

-----

A/N

Tensions!! Ah!! :D

1,249 READS??!! What??? :D Ah *mind explosion*