l

[WARNING:

This is a close chapter. No scenes, conversations, or any part of this chapter may be copied and pasted on any of the social media platforms. This is to avoid unwanted despoliation of the contents.]

LAST MISSION

"What is this, a prank?" Bulong ko na sapat lang naman para marinig niya. Haggang ngayon ay hindi parin talaga maproseso ng isipan ko ang mga nangyayari.

I don't know how I am supposed to react at this point? I just found out that the main villain behind all of this shit is my father. The one who serves as one of my reasons why I chose to enter Night Blood University from the very beggining. Naikuyom ko ang mga kamay ko ng i-angat ko ulit ang paningin ko sa kaniya.

"This isn't real! You're not my father! Who are you?" My voice cracked in exhaustion. All of this thing that's been going on right now is making me mentally and physically tired. Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin tsaka ko pinilit na tumayo pero dahil narin sa pagod ay natumba lang ulit ako sa sahig. Napadaing ako ng sumalampak ang mukha ko sa sahig dahilan para makaramdam ako ng hapdi sa gilid ng labi ko.

"Poor thing." He hiss and I can't help but clench my hand. I harhly wipe the tears that's dimming my sight as I stare wearily at the floor. "You--who are you?" Dahil sa matinding pagod ay halos hindi ko narin marinig ang sarili kong boses.

"I'm sorry for breaking your little heart, princess. But you know that I'm just doing this for good right? We wanted to put an end to the race of those filthy creatures and so, you don't have to act like that. Magkakampi parin tayo dito." His voice was once gentle and soft, but now, it completely changes. I barely even recognized him.  I darted him a sharp gaze.

"Magkakampi?" Pagkatapos niya akong pagmukhaing tanga sa loob ng apat na taon? Natawa nalang ako ng mahina tsaka ako napailing. This man must be lunatic.

"After you killed my mother that night and stowing an illusion in my mind for me to believe that those vampires are the one who ruin my life, how could you?" That night the vision of him mercilessly killing my mom makes my system turned cold. I couldn't feel anything right now but pure hatred. All the respect and love that I once had for him was now gone.

"Don't look at me that way, princess. It makes my heart break into pieces." He even put his hand on his chest and let out a dramatic weep. I gritted my teeth with his teasing tone. I carefully watch his every move as he saunters to one of the chairs beside the small battle ground in the middle of the room.

"You know, this was not supposed to be the plot of this story. 16 years ago, your mother and I started to plan a thing about wrapping out the vampire race. It's a pretty clever plan where we have a hundred percent of winning by any chance. She's been a very big help with it since she also belongs to that race. She already knows their weakness, and that's the only thing that we need to make our plan work out." He pauses as he moves the chair and turns to face me.

"The plan was to use you, Hyrreti" Umupo siya tsaka siya ngumit ng nakakaloko. Hindi ako nag-abalang sumagot dahil wala narin naman akong lakas pa para gawin iyon. Nanatili nalang akong walang emosyon na nakinig sa kaniya.

My mother? Ayaw ko mang maniwala sa mga sinasabi niya ay wala akong makitang bakas ng pagsisinungaling sa mukha niya. That means that he's telling the truth. So, my mother tries to use me too against the vampires? Hindi ko tuloy maiwasang isipin kung bakit ako? I'm just a mere half-blooded vampire. There is nothing special in me, so why me?