Entry 11 - More Than Meets the Eye

"What are you laughing about?"

"Nothing." He didn't look entirely convinced, but I wasn't laughing anymore so I guess he was happy.

Still, it was funny, so don't blame me if I laughed again.

"Seriously!" He took off his sunglasses, and sat up. "What's so funny?"

Okay, just hold on. These last few days had been trying to say the least, and you need to know why. I am gay, you know this. I am attracted to men, obviously.

So going on a honeymoon to a tropical island, and seeing a super good looking man, who happened to be my husband, shirtless almost all the time was extremely annoying. Because, damn he looked good, and yet he didn't want me near him.

Thank the lord for photographers that "somehow" found out where we were, and who we have to pretend that we are in love for. If it weren't for them, I'd probably be allowed to touch that toned chest. Sorry! I'm side-tracking.

"Okay, well I was just remembering when the guy who was marrying us totally biffed up your name, and your mom got all mad at him. Like, she interrupted the whole thing! I didn't know she was allowed to do that!"

"She wasn't supposed to, but apparently she thought it was important."

"Well, yes it was! Imagine if he had said it wrong, and our marriage wasn't legal. For all you know, there's another Thomas out there with the exact name he said."

"I doubt there are any other Thomas' out there with as many middle names as me."

"Still, it's funny that he messed it up."

"Well, it's not easy to get right. You try saying it." I wasn't one to back out of a challenge, but I knew there was no way I could get it right. I'd only heard his full name once, and if I'm being honest, I wasn't really listening.

"I could always do that, but I think I'll let you." He grinned triumphantly.

"Gotta make sure I can say my own name."

"Of course. Now stop stalling and say your name."

"Wow, you seem to be adjusting to being a prince quite well. My full name is, Thomas Andrew William Charles St. John Arthur Maximilian Rex. And believe it or not, I was lisping that out when I was two years old."

"Damn! Why the hell do your parents do that?"

"I don't know. I guess it makes you sound more important or something." He laid back down in his deck chair, and closed his eyes.

"You do realize that your last name literally means king?" He sighed.

"Yes, I am well aware of that. Apparently, a couple generations ago, that sounded like a good last name for the king and his family. But don't laugh too hard, that's your last name now."

"That's true."

"And Alex Rex sounds kind of stupid."

"Rude!" I looked around for something to whack him with, and I spotted a pool noodle a few feet away. Now the trick was to go get it without him realizing that I wasn't sitting my him anymore.

"It's not rude, it's just the truth. Even if you say Alexander Rex, it just sounds funny. Just face it, your name isn't half as cool as mine."

For a second there, I was reconsidering whacking him, but I decided, why not. I'd gotten this far. I brought the noodle down hard across his stomach.