Entry 46 - Feelings Get Involved

"Are you sure this is a good time to talk?"

"Yes, of course."

"Actually, I don't think-" We replied at the same time. Raymond looked at both of us, watching Thomas' face as he stopped talking mid sentence.

"I'm getting mixed signals. He wants me to stay." Here he pointed at me. "But you think this is a bad time. What's going on?"

"Nothing." We both replied at the same time, and I sent a furious glare at the side of Thomas' head.

"Ohh," he dragged out the syllable, looking between Thomas' resolute face and mine. "Are you guys fighting?"

"Look, didn't you come here to talk about tomorrow's plan? Let's just talk about that and get it over with." Thomas snapped, and the corners of Raymond's mouth twitched upward slightly.

"Yeah, I'm thinking we shouldn't get there too early. We don't want to raise Jasper's suspicions. And since the party is the day after he will be expecting us in the evening."

"Sounds good to me." It was obvious that Thomas wanted him to go, but Raymond just sat back deeper into his chair, leaning back to get a better look at the two of us as we sat on opposite ends of the couch.

"And then we really need to talk about what happens after. Like, where we will be. Where will Alex be?"

"I—"

"Alex won't be coming with us." He never once glanced to the side to see the daggers I was shooting at him with my eyes. Raymond saw them though, and he seemed to have put two and two together.

"Oh...so that's what's causing the trouble in paradise. I'm guessing Thomas is trying to act like he's in charge, isn't he?" He turned to face me, and I was relieved that he was taking my side.

"You've hit the nail right on the head. I have just as much say in this as he does." Thomas clenched his jaw, but remained silent.

"Oh, I agree. Cole has this strange idea that I should stay home too, but that's not really his decision as far as I can see. Has he given any reasons?" He asked, completely ignoring Thomas' presence.

"Some bullshit about trying to protect me or something, but this is Elliot we are talking about here. I should have the right to be able to protect my friend." Raymond nodded.

"Well put. Now we've heard the argument for, let's here the argument against him going."

We both turned to look at Thomas, was shook his head in annoyance.

"No one needs you to mediate this conversation. If me and Alex want to discuss this we will, by ourselves."

"Oh no you won't! You'll probably just ignore each other for a while and then Alex will stow away when we leave and you'll be stuck with him anyways."

"Bitch! Why'd you give away my plan?" Thomas didn't look amused at the fact that both of us started laughing.

"C'mon, Thomas, just tell him why you think he shouldn't go and then it will be his turn to talk. I'll make sure things don't get nasty. This is like Dr. Phil." He said the last part a little quieter to me, and I tried to hold back yet another laugh.

"It's too dangerous. This isn't a small thing that is happening, and I won't trust you within his sight. You know what I'm talking about." His eyes met mine for a moment, and I could almost understand his point of view, but he was being too much of an asshole about it at the moment.

"Ooh, secret couple knowledge that I am unaware of. Bet you put that in there to throw me off guard, but I don't need to get all your secret knowledge to understand that you are wrong. Alex, what do-"