Entry 17 - Confusing Emotions

"He probably here cause he thinks you are cheating on him, and is tailing you to find out."

"Shut up, Raymond. What are you doing here? What did you overhear?"

"I was looking for you." Thomas raised his eyebrows.

"You were looking for me? C'mon, Alex, I know you've been avoiding me all day." He obviously didn't believe me, and that really got me mad. Why the hell would I be lying to him?

Raymond scratched the back of his head, his eyes darting between us.

"I'm gonna let you guys work this out by yourselves. All I'm gonna say is this. Whatever you heard, Alex, don't repeat it. Especially to Elliot. There's no point in getting his hopes up."

I nodded and watched him go, wishing he would have stayed a little longer. I was a little scared of how Thomas was acting. Sure enough, when I brought my gaze back to him, he was glaring intensely at me.

He was obviously waiting for an answer, and I was so nervous I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm weird like that. So I did the one thing I had been wanting to do ever since I heard him defending Elliot.

I stood on my toes, and kissed his cheek. He stepped back on surprise, a faint blush covering his cheeks.

"What the hell was that for?" I laughed, relieved that the intensity of his glare had been broken.

"For defending Elliot. I didn't know you had it in you."

"I really have been an asshole to him, haven't I?" To my surprise, his eyes filled with regret. He smiled softly at me, and my stomach fluttered. My god, this man was attractive.

"I guess I have you to thank for helping me see that." His sudden change in mood took me completely by surprise, and I didn't know what to say. So I decided to hide my feeling behind my usually kind of answer.

"You have a lot to thank me for, young man. My very presence is a present." His face split into a grin, and shook his head.

"Where do you come up with these answers? Your brain must be working a mile a minute."

"That would explain my amazing physic even though I don't exercise."

"Man, I forgot how funny you were. You're not mad at me anymore, are you?" The look in his eyes was the most surprising thing of that morning. I might actually think that he cared if I hadn't been assured of the opposite last night.

"I wasn't ever mad."

"Well, you were avoiding me." Damn it, how was it that I was starting to feel guilty? This man was the most confusing person I have ever met.

"Yeah, I needed some space. Why does it matter anyways?" Immediately, the guard went up behind his eyes, and his look became cold again.

"I guess I grew used to having you around. Now, supposing you were coming to see me, what was it you wanted to see me about?"

This Thomas I could handle. This Thomas didn't mess with my emotions, but asked straightforward questions.

"Elliot is going away tomorrow." He looked at me blankly, and I continued before I had a chance of melting under that sarcastic stare.

"And I want to go with him."

"Why?"

"To keep him company. It's been pretty hard on him, and I don't want him to be alone." His eyes softened, and he nodded.