Entry 40 - Just Like A Couple

"Alex." I felt my arm being nudged slightly, and groaned in annoyance.

"Alex. C'mon, wake up." As the last remnants of sleep were pulled away from me, I held on tighter to whatever I had my arms around.

"'M sleeping." I muttered annoyed at the fact that I hadn't been able to wake up at my own pace.

"I know, but we are still on the couch. I'm just trying to move to the bed." I realized then that I was laying on the couch, arms wrapped around Thomas' chest and face buried in his neck.

"I don't want to. I'm comfortable right here." I became aware of his arm on my back, the other still trying to force me awake by pushing against mine.

"You are also going to fall off from right here if you aren't careful. You almost did a minute ago. That's why I'm waking you up."

"Then just hold me tighter and let me go back to sleep." He sighed, and I smiled against his neck.

"I can feel you smiling, you jerk. Do you realize how uncomfortable this is for me?"

"You'll be fine." I was still surprised we were even in this position. After showing me every Imagine Dragons song he said I had to hear, he had turned on the tv and started flipping through random channels. It was late already, and I found myself feeling drowsy almost immediately. I must have just started cuddling him or something, but I was too tired to remember clearly.

"I won't be. I bet my legs are asleep."

"I wish I was asleep."

"And you can be soon. Let's just get up and move to the bed. It's like twenty feet or something."

"I'd rather just stay here." He still didn't seem convinced, and I felt him thing to move off of the couch. "Thomas." I kissed the base of his neck from where my head was resting on his shoulder, and he stopped moving instantly.

"Can't we just stay here?" I asked, somehow feeling a growing confidence as I kissed his neck again. I felt his hand that rested on my back grip the fabric of my shirt. I think I may have found a soft spot of his.

"Why? The couch is so small."

"But you are so warm," I mumbled and snuggled in closer to him and he sighed.

"But the bed, it's so close, Alex." He whined.

"Carry me, then." I said and I almost fell asleep right then.

"God, you are so pushy." He murmured but I could hear the smile in his voice.

"I prefer cute." I say and he moves away from me and I whine in annoyance.

"That too." He whispers and I almost have a heart attack when he actually picks me up and lays me down on the bed.

"Damn, you are heavy." He says and I fake pout sleepily.

"Shut up."

I think I fall asleep minutes after that because the next time I open my eyes, the sunlight's streaming through the window and Thomas is holding me in his arms. I blink and smile and close my eyes again.

**********

"You made me a, you made me a believer! Be-"

"Could you please stop?" I poked my head out of the open bathroom door, and saw him sitting on the bed with his head in his hands.

"Why? I'm just singing?"

"Because it's annoying." He looked me straight in the eyes, and I could tell that he really was getting annoyed, but I didn't really care that much. He shouldn't have shown me all those songs then.