Entry 18 - Harsh Greetings and Strange Confrontation

First impression of King Jasper?

Definite not impressed. Okay, maybe he was really fit for being forty-five, but I still wasn't impressed. The guy had streaks of grey in his brown hair, his blue eyes were hard, and he just had a mean look about his face that I did not like at all.

Add to that the fact that he practically kissed Elliot's face off when he saw him, and maybe you'll understand just what I think of him.

Elliot somehow refrained from looking as disgusted as he must have felt, and the way he cringed when the king grabbed his hand was probably only noticeable to me.

Elliot shot one last glance at me before being hurried off by the king to somewhere, I'm not really sure. My vision was blocked by a man with dark hair and deep set brown eyes.

"So who are you? Another one of his bitches?" I flinched back at the harshness in his tone.

"Umm, no, nothing like that at all. My name is Alex. I'm married to Prince Thomas." The man had the grace to look embarrassed, and held out his hand.

"I'm sorry, I should have said that. I'm Crown Prince Jonathan. Forgive me if I don't welcome all young strangers with the customary hospitality. I don't mind telling you that I find it strange to soon be calling a man 10 years younger than me my father."

"It's fine really, I've been called worse." The man smiled in spite of himself. "I could definitely see that being strange, but surely you must understand that Elliot isn't doing this because he wants to."

"I know that." His eyes darkened. "Believe me, I quite understand the depths to which the king has lowered himself to to get your brother-in-law." Another man walked up to him, and whispered something in his ear.

"It was nice to meet you, Alex, although your first impression of me is not what I intended. I have to go now, but my brother Jordan will help you to settle into your rooms. Of course, a servant could, but I hope by this I can somehow make up for my insult to you earlier." He smiled, and walked away.

"So you married Thomas?" Jordan looked so exactly like what I had seen of his father that it scared me. The only difference in him was a softness that contrasted sharply with the harshness of his father.

"Yes I did. A few months ago."

"Oh yeah, I think I saw something about that in the news." I fell into step next to him, and we walked in silence for a while.

"Where did they go?" I asked as soon as we reached my rooms.

"On some date, I guess." He looked about ready to throw up, but kept it together. "I don't have a problem with Elliot from what I've seen of him, but this whole thing just bugs me."

"Yep, me too."

"And to make it worse, Dad makes sure that we don't come in contact with Elliot very often. Apparently he's jealous of his own sons." He laughed bitterly, and I felt vaguely uncomfortable.

"Welcome to Cadazar, the most fucked up kingdom there ever was. Enjoy your stay." With that he turned on his heel and left me standing in the doorway to my new apartments.

I decided that I didn't want to explore the palace. I stayed in my rooms, reading a book (not 50 shades) until I heard the doorknob turn.

Elliot walked in, looking extremely tired. He nodded briefly to me before falling into my bed.

"I don't want to stay in my room tonight." I barely manage to make out what he was saying through the pillow that his face was buried in.

"Why not?"