Entry 32 - Should've Gotten His Number

"That dude is checking you out." He leaned forward and whispered so just I could hear.

"Seriously? Where?" I started to look around, but he stopped me.

"Don't look now. Wait until he looks away." Thomas looked down at his food for a few seconds, then glanced to his right.

"Okay, go ahead. He's the guy sitting alone to your left."

I looked over at the guy who was now looking down at his food.

"Hmm, I'm impressed. I don't usually get good looking people checking me out. You sure he was looking at me?"

"Yes I'm sure. He wasn't being very subtle. I hope he spills his soup on himself next time he does."

"Wait, are you? Are you j—"

"No." He quickly looked down at his food to avoid making eye contact with me.

"You just want him to spill his soup on himself?" I raised my eyebrows at him, but he kept his eyes trained on his food.

"Yeah, I mean, it would be funny to watch."

"Actually that really would be fun. Looks like a pretty expensive shirt to mess up though."

"All the better." He shot the man a sideways glance, and looked back at me.

"He's doing it again."

"Maybe I have food on my face?"

"I don't see any. No, he's just staring at you."

"Yeah, I can kind of tell now. It's a vaguely uncomfortable feeling actually."

"Wish he'd just finish his food and get the hell out of here." He was gripping his fork so tightly that his knuckles turned white.

"Well we are on a public restaurant, Thomas. He has as much right to be here as us."

He huffed and took a drink of his water. I could tell that he was trying his hardest not to shoot another glare at the man.

"Should I stick my tongue out at him?"

"I'd like to see you actually do that."

"Okay." I turned my head to the left, and was just getting ready to stick out my tongue when Thomas put his hand on mine.

"I'm joking! Don't! It's so childish."

"It might make him realize that I'm not interested."

"I think ignoring him is the best option." I looked down at his hand that still rested on mine.

"I will if you do." He noticed my eyes still looking at our hands, but didn't remove his hand.

"Okay, it's a deal. So, what did you do with Walter this afternoon?"

I almost laughed. Oh we just discussed him blackmailing me, and Elliot kissing me the other day. No biggie.

"We kind of just sat and talked." He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Walter sat and talked with you? I'm surprised you both could sit still for that long."

"I'll have you know that we were both able to sit for quite a while, and we had quite the discussion while doing it."

"Oh I bet. That kid is full of stories."