Entry 20 - "Next Time I'll Just Slap You."

"What the fuck?"

Of all the ways I have been woken up, being shoved off of him while he tried to scramble off the bed has got to be one of the most disorienting to date. In my half wakefulness, I held on to him tightly, but he continued to push me away.

"Stop pushing me." I whined, my eyes still closed tightly.

"Get off of me and I will." I rolled over reluctantly, and he immediately jumped out of bed.

"What the hell, Alex?"

You know that time of morning when you just don't want to have to think, or talk to anybody, or be awake? That's how I felt right then. I really wasn't in the mood to have a conversation about me sleeping on his chest.

"I'm talking to you. Answer me!"

You know, I'm not the type who takes that kind of talk laying down. So instead of answering him, I lifted one hand and lazily flipped him off.

"Wow, real mature, Alex." I could practically feel the anger rolling off of him in waves.

"I'll talk to you if you ask me nicely, and not before." He let out his breath in an angry sigh, and I waited for him to speak.

"Would you please turn around and explain what the hell was going on?"

"Sure! Why didn't you ask like that before?" I rolled over and met his angry glare with a smile.

"Enough of the smart answers! Just tell me why the hell I woke up with you laying on top of me!" He was literally cringing like that was the most horrible thing he could think of. I have to admit, that pissed me off.

"Why are you acting like this is such a big deal?"

"Because I woke up to find that you had totally taken advantage of—-"

"Oh believe me, I was not taking advantage of you!"

"Than what the hell was that?"

"That was me trying to wake you up from a nightmare that looked pretty terrifying, and when you fall back asleep you wouldn't let go of me!"

I hadn't realized that we were yelling until the silence that followed my last sentence. Most of the anger fell from Thomas' face, but I could tell his guard was up.

"What did I say?" The memory of the nightmare seemed to come back to him, and he seemed extremely anxious that I didn't know what he had dreamed.

"Nothing that I could understand. Then I guess your dream changed or something."

It changed when I whispered in your ear. I wanted to add, but I held my tongue.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I tried!"

"Not very hard, obviously! I'd much rather you woke me up then took your opportunity come lay down on me while I couldn't do anything about it!"

An ugly silence fell between us. I was fuming at his arrogant tone and his choice of words. The way he made it sound, you'd think I was some desperate slut jumping on any chance I could to be near him.

He knew it was a low blow. I could see it on his face, and yet he didn't say anything else. He just stood here, looking like his normally attractive self, anger only adding to his beauty.

And something in me wanted to hit him right then and there.

"My mistake." My voice was harder then I expected it to sound. "Next time I'll just slap you until you wake up, instead of taking my 'opportunity to be near you' since you seem to think that that's what I was doing.