Entry 16 - Making Plans and Eaves Dropping

I avoided Thomas as much as I could the next day. Several times, he tried to talk to me about last night, but I changed the subject quickly. I just felt embarrassed about the whole thing, and wished that he would forget it.

So I decided to visit Elliot. When I got to his rooms, a few servants were bustling around. It looked like they were packing.

"Oh hey, Alex. I didn't see you come in." He glanced up from his phone, then went back to typing.

"What's happening here?" He sent off his text, then pushed his phone in his back pocket, giving me his full attention.

"I'm going an another trip to Cadazar. You know, the country I'm gonna be married to the ruler of."

"Why are you going there again? I thought you just got back a week or two ago. Same time as us."

"Yeah, I did." He ran a hand through his messy brown hair. "We are trying to make this as real as possible so the king doesn't look like as much of a creep as he is."

"Who are you going with?"

"A few guards and servants." He sat down on the couch, and buried his face in his hands.

"No one else?" I sat next to him. This didn't seem like the kind of thing he would want to do alone.

"Well, who else would go with me? It's not like I can take Alan or something."

"I would go with you." His hands dropped from his face, and he looked at me in amazement.

"You would? Oh, Alex! That would be amazing."

"Of course I would! I wouldn't want you do have to go there alone." He smiled, tears standing out in his eyes.

"I was already feeling so lonely, and I haven't even left yet. Oh wait!" His brows furrowed. "What about Thomas?"

"What about him?"

"Don't you have to see what he thinks or something?" I snorted.

"Honey, I can do what I want."

"Yeah right! You really proved that by getting married to him!" He raised his eyebrows at me, the slightest bit of scorn in his voice.

"Okay, wow. But you're right. I'll see what he thinks, but I honestly don't know why he'd have a problem. It's not like we want him to come."

"Defiantly not! Good vibes only."

"For sure."

"I have to warn you though. It's gonna be pretty boring for you. I mean, like, we are supposed to be seen at different places and stuff, and you'll have to stay at the palace for that."

"I think I'll manage. I just bring an improving book."

"I can't imagine you reading an improving book. Seems more along Thomas' line."

"True. I was thinking 50 Shades, I thought that was improving, but whatever."

"Okay...I was not expecting that." He looked totally taken aback, and I couldn't keep a straight face for a second longer.

"I'm joking! I'm totally joking. That is not my thing." He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh good, cause I didn't need you reading that the whole trip. That story just creeps me out."

"Same! Cameron made me go to the theater with him once, and he didn't seem to find it necessary to tell me what we were watching. I left before the movie was a quarter of the way in, and I've never been to the theater with him since."