6. GodMother

Enjoy reading :)
________________________________

Vaish was working on an important project when she received a call from a private number.

"Hello there. Am I speaking to Ms. Khanna?" The voice asked.

"Yes you are. May I know whose this?" Vaish replied.

"Are you searching for a good software designer?" The voice asked instead of answering her and Vaish stared at her phone trying to think who among her acquaintances can call from a private number.

"Whose this?" She asked in a strong voice. She didn't want the caller to know that she was being affected by someone knowing her business secrets.

"You should come to Mumbai. There are lots of opportunities for a young business woman there." Vaish heard.

Vaish never heard a woman's voice so strong and confident. The caller was a woman and there was something in her voice that gave Vaish an idea that whoever is speaking has lots of experience.

She thought of asking the woman who she was but knew that she wont get an answer.

"Why are you suggesting me this?" She asked the next obvious question; hoping to get an answer to it.

"Because I don't want a young business woman to stop from achieving something big just because she can't find a software developer." Vaish didn't miss the change in caller's  voice. It became somewhat soft.

"Okay ma'am whoever you are, its getting really creepy and if I was a normal person I would have called cops by now or atleast got this call investigated to know about the unknown caller who knows the details about my business.

But since you gave me a good advice I will give you one for future. If you are really  trying to help someone in important matters, you need to have their trust. I may be a young business woman but I am no fool to trust the advise of an unknown caller and you know that too. Because you have done your investigations about me. So why exactly you called me?" Vaish said in a cool voice and the caller was impressed and had a knowing smile on her face.

She is the right person. The caller thought.

"We will meet soon, Ms. Vaishali Khanna. Good luck with your project. And think about Mumbai seriously." Was all she said and cut the phone.

***

Vaish didn't want to think about the phone call. It could be a prank call but Vaish felt from the voice itself that the person wasn't fooling around. Whoever was speaking was a person of dignity and had years of experience. Only such a person can have that confident voice.

Who are you? My mysterious fairy godmother? Vaish smiled at the thought.

Just then Sheena knocked the door and reminded Vaish about the upcoming presentation and so finally she got back to working.

***

1 month later:

So this was the only option left. She has to go to Mumbai. After coming from Vegas she has to shift to Mumbai. The project needed her to move out.

She was having mixed feelings about it. She was sad that she has to leave her family. They have been her rock till now. It will be hard to leave them.

On the other hand, she was feeling a bit excited. Mumbai. The city of dreams as some people call it. She will get new opportunities there. She has this feeling that she will get what she wants there.

But before that tough part. She has to inform her family about this. Her mom has created big drama about Vegas. Who knows what she will do now?

And her dad. He won't let his princess go so easily. He will try his best to stop her. Even Samay won't like it too much.