22. Soulmate

Enjoy reading (:

_____________________________________

"You are Arjun Shekhawat of Shekhawati Heritage?" Vaish asked in a surprised manner.

"Yes. Does my company name makes any difference to you or our new relationship?" He asked genuinely interested in her answer.

"No you idiot! Its just that I never asked you anything about yourself and I expected you to be after me for ...?" She left the words purposely

"For your wealth and connections?" He said smiling. "But now that you know that I'm rich it's not the case! Because the heir to Shekhawati group won't do such thing, right? Some names are so powerful right!" He laughed bitterly as if laughing at some internal joke.

"No it's not like that. I agreed that I had some misconceptions about you but I thought you are behind me just to distract me from my goal.

As for being a Shekhawat I don't think I was surprised because of the name but because of your patience despite belonging from such a well known industrial name. By using your name and influence you could have forced me to meet you or even worse but you talked to me like a normal person. I admire that." Vaish explained and for a second Arjun forgot everything and looked in her eyes with an unknown feeling.

Vaish got uncomfortable at his silence and so cleared her throat.

Arjun came out of his spell and looked at her and realised the situation.

"Thanks Vaish for looking behind my name and exterior and seeing me as myself. I will see you soon. Goodbye and enjoy the party." He genuinely said with a warm smile which she returned and entered in the hall.

***

"Thanks a lot Vaish, for giving me a chance, for giving us a chance. I won't disappoint you." He said.

"It's all in the past. Lets forget that and start afresh." She answered.

Abhay can't help but hear those words repeatedly. These words were ringing in his ears for so many times. No matter how much he wanted to forget them he can't.

So that's what it feels like to be hurt by the one you love.

But why it happened with him? Just when he was planning to apologise to her and admit his feelings he heard those words! And on the top of that, that man was hugging her.

His Fireball!

Who in the hell he was to hug her? And why did she allow him to do so?

Because she agreed to give him a chance!

No no no that can't be happening! He can't loose his Fireball like this!

She agreed to give him a chance but he will ensure that nothing happens between them.

She was his Fireball! Just like he was hers.

And there wasn't going to be any love triangle in their story. Its already too complicated. They themselves have made a mess, they don't need a third person now.

He will talk to her and he was going to if not called by Rehan.

"Hey Abhay! Everyone is complaining that its your party and you are nowhere to be found."

"Sorry bro! But have to go now. Some urgent wo..." Abhay tried to explain.

"No nope! No excuses today birthday boy." Rabiya said. "It's your party and you have to be here. Also, I'm getting bored so you have to entertain me." She complained while eating her ice cream.