8. Her Ways

Enjoy reading ;)
___________________________

"Good morning ma'am. Congratulations for your wedding. On behalf of this hotel staff we wish you a happy married life." The room service said and Vaish felt the ground sink below her.

She sat with a thud on the bed and the room service came inside worried about her.

"Ma'am is everything okay with you? Are you alright?" She asked but got no reply from Vaish who was shocked on realizing what she did in a drunken state.

Even a one night stand could be better than that but this is worst. She got married to some stranger whose real name she can't recall.

Hell! she can't even recall his face. The only thing that she remembered was a charcoal black eyes. But so many people have that! How is that supposed to be a distinctive feature?

She closed her eyes and stressed on getting an image but nope. She got none.

She heard room service lady calling for her and so she opened her eyes and looked at her.

"Have you seen....my hus..band...?" Damn. Damn. Damn. It sounded so awful awkward saying that word.

"No ma'am. We just saw you coming late at night. You were looking veey happy. Drunk but happy. You asked directions for your room as apparently you forgot your way to the room. After the receptionist told you that you gave her a big tip. And asked her to share it with me who was also on duty at that time. You said that you are on the top of the world and feel lucky to be with your one and only. You showed us your beautiful ring and we understood that you got married!" The lady happily narrated the event like it was a fairytale.

But for Vaish it was hell.

"You didn't see anyone with me?" Vaish asked and the lady looked at her.

"No ma'am. We were going to but you left from there." And gave us a big tip.

Now Vaish felt like slapping herself for her madness. This was heights of recklessness and irrational behaviour.

She thought about her family. How her parents will react to it? Her father would be so disappointed and her mother she will kill her with her taunts! Nope. She will first find the guy and then make sure that Vaish stayed married to him forever.

No. No. No. There is no way that's happening.

She can't stay married to the guy forever whom she wed in a drunken state.

But what if the guy wants that? After all I am smart, intelligent, beautiful and also independent. God! I'm a complete package. Never thought my qualities will become my disadvantage.

No I can't let that happen. I can't let a drunken marriage come in my way. I am this close to achieving my dreams and I can't let some Mr. Stranger take them away from me. Getting married will change everything. I will have to give so many answers to so many questions. I don't even have any idea about that.

This all should not have happened.

Suddenly she realised that this all could be erased like it never happened.

I will forget it at least until I get my big project. After that I will see what I can do.What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! Yup. That's it. She thought and looked at the lady who was still there.

"Listen here, Daisy." Vaish said after looking at her name tag. "And listen carefully. I am offering you and that receptionist tip; twice of whatever I offered you last night..." she looked up to see happening in the eyes of lady and so she continued "... on the condition that you have to forget whatever you saw last night." She completed.