18. Nothing

Enjoy reading :)
_________________________________

Following days passed in a blurr with both of them being busy in the stage two of the project.

Two months completed since Abhay started working for her.

Amidst that there were some moments between these two which were only between them.

Like when she was working hard skipping her lunch, a parcel comes with a beautiful note that makes her smile and she grabbed her lunch.

There were more visits to Maya Aunty's cafe and some new places in Mumbai like Marine Drive and some famous food stores.

Abhay also liked it when she came inside his cabin after working hours and made him get up from his seat.

They developed a comfortable routine of going and coming to work with each other.

They discussed many things about their life and were surprised to know how similar they were in most of the things.

It was a normal day and Vaish was checking the calendar and suddenly remembered that its his birthday tomorrow.

She slapped herself for forgetting such an important event but then immediately started planning something.

She thought of throwing a surprise party for him and decided to invite his close friends.

She dialled a number that came into her mind and prayed that the person picked up her call.

She kept her fingers crossed and was glad that finally her call was answered.

"Hello, Its Vaishali Khanna here." She said in a polite manner, for it was her first time talking to him directly.

"Hey Vaishali. How are you? You sure you called me? It's not your best friend's number. She is busy with some hospital work."

"Oh she is always busy but it doesn't matter. I am doing well. I wanted to talk to you only and yeah its Vaish for you, Rehan. You are Shenu's husband and we are past the formalities." She said and heard him laughing.

"Ok Vaish, how can I be helpful to you?" Rehan asked.

"I wanted to organise a surprise birthday party for Abhay. He is your best friend right? So can you help me with that?" She asked, keeping her fingers crossed.

"And what will I get in return?" Rehan asked in a playful tone. He was going to help her. This one was just to check if she is really a big Drama Queen as she was proclaimed to be.

"I promise to be the Godmother of your baby girl and tell her how to keep boys away from her for like twenty five years atleast." She answered and Rehan smirked.

"Make it thirty five." He bargained.

"Huh?" Vaish asked confused.

"Keep my baby girl away from boys till thirty five and then I'll help you." He said and Vaish mentally face palmed herself.

This man was really something. He was asking her to stop his daughter from dating till she became thirty five! A daughter who wasn't even conceived yet!

"Really? Men will be always men! Ok I will advise her to keep boys away till thirty! Deal?" Vaish said and Rehan started thinking.

Hmm, thirty years will give him enough time to teach his daughter how male species are untrustworthy and he can convince her to give up on boys and stay with him forever. Sounds like a plan!