40: Divorce

Enjoy Reading if you can ....

----------------------------------------------------

Rehan and Sanaa were by Abhay's side as soon as they left. Sanaa sat with him and held his hand tightly while Rehan just paced around the room that they have booked.

Abhay was upset with the way things happened. He was sure that after this her parents will definitely hate him, especially her dad.

He knew how much her dad mattered to Vaish and the way he said those last words, any hope for his good impression was gone. Hell he must be disliking him, thinking of him as an irresponsible, spoilt, good for nothing guy.

No man will give her daughter's hand to such a guy.

Today was not his day. Firstly he was late to meet them and even though he will help that lady again still he knew that he can't expect them to understand his untold reason.

Then he was not a businessman like him and he can't discuss any policy regarding business to him. That was his second fault.

When asked about family, he wasn't comfortable in talking about his parents.

He advised the man about his daughter's future in Mumbai even if no one asked for his advice.

And the final nail in coffin was that water spilling accident.

Out of all the days, that one day when he has to accidentally spill water on someone's suit was this day and the person is the father of his lady love.

His luck couldn't be worse.

Oh wait! It will be when they reject him for their daughter and take her away from him.

"Abhay calm down! You are too silent. Don't think too much. Uncle and Aunty won't judge you from one meeting. You can convince them in upcoming meetings." Sanaa said.

"Yes Abhay. Take some time. You are too nervous today and may be things didn't work in your favour but that won't be the case always. There is always a next time." Rehan added.

Abhay looked at them and sadly smiled.

"I'm not upset about that. I'm upset about breaking my Fireball's trust. She trusted me with his meeting. She hoped that things will fall in right place. She was so confident that I will impress her parents. Hell, she didn't even meet her parents after three months just so I could meet them first and what did I do? I destroyed everything. I betrayed her. I broke her trust in me.

How will I look back in her eyes and tell her that I made the things worse than before? How will I tell her that I was late in meeting her parents because I was busy helping an old lady staff with her salary problems? That I can't talk comfortably about my parents? That I opposed her father's decision of taking her back to Delhi because I can't bear the thought of losing her?

This was our chance to be together; to make thing alright but I destroyed it completely. Her father hates me so much that he asked me to not call him uncle! How will he give his daughter's hand to me?" Abhay said and saw Sanaa and Rehan looking worriedly behind him and turned back to see his Fireball looking at him.

When did she arrive?

"She messaged me about her coming here soon after her parents arrived since you were late." Rehan answered Abhay's unasked question and Abhay just sighed.

"We will give you two your privacy. Just talk about it and things will work out in the end. Don't worry too much. We are just one call away." Sanaa said and left the room with Rehan.

***

Vaish entered the room and sat near him and closed her eyes.

"How much did you heard?" Abhay asked after few minutes of silence.

"Enough to know that my dad is not your fan right now." Vaish replied with her eyes still closed.

"I'm sorry Fireball." Abhay said in a genuinely regretful tone.

"Why are your sorry Abhay?" Vaish asked and opened her eyes to look at him while he just kept his head down not meeting her eyes.

She took her hand in his and asked him to come along with her.

***

One hour later:

Vaish knocked her parents' room and entered after they opened it.

They were not surprised to see her since they received her text few minutes back that she was coming.

"Vaish how are you?" Her mom asked while hugging her.

"Princess it's so good to see you after a long time!" Her dad said with a smile and she smiled back at him and hugged him.

"I'm good. How are you guys?" She asked but was looking at the door continuously.

"We are good too. What is the important thing you wanted to talk about?" Her mom replied and then there was a knock on the door and Vaish moved to open it.

They were surprised to see her Abhay entering the room.

They looked at her questioningly but Vaish announced, "Mom dad, I got into a drunken marriage in Vegas three months back and Abhay is my husband."

Her parents were stunned at the way she announced.

Her mom's eyes widened and her dad just stood still to see his Princess announcing her marriage like it was a weather forecast.

"Vaish?"

"Princess what are you saying?"

"I'm saying the truth dad. I'm married to him from past three months. Well at first I was running from this marriage but few days back we recognised each other." Vaish stated.

"How? When? Why?" Her mom asked.

"In Vegas, in drunken state!" Vaish replied.

"But this can't happen Vaish! Marriage is not a joke. You can't get married to someone like this and expect us to accept this all."

"But it's not a joke mom. It's reality. I got married to someone like this. You have to accept it." Vaish said while keeping a neutral face.

"We won't accept it Vaishali." Smita said turning her face.

"But I love Abhay. In these three months we worked together we got to know each other as friends and started falling for each other. He is really a nice guy." Vaish tried to explain.

"We won't accept your choice." Vishal said in his cold tone while giving Abhay a hard stare.

"You will not accept it?" Vaish finally asked with an emotionless face.

"No we won't." Smita said.

"Okay then." Vaish said after a long silence.

She turned to Abhay, "We will get divorce because I can't be with a guy my parents don't like."

"What?!"

***

What just happened? Who would have thought that things will come out to this point?!

Vaishali divorcing Abhay?

What do you think be the fate of our dramatic couple?

Do tell me your thoughts about it... I want to see the story from your point of view.

Short chapter but definitely important...

Please vote, comment and share your opinions as that encourages me to write more...