34. Brother

Enjoy reading (:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aunty, she is Vaishali Khanna Singh; my wife."

Vaish stilled.

She didn't pay any attention to anything around her. It was like her mind blocked everything and focused only on one thing.

Vaishali Khanna Singh.

That sounded so... different. Good different or bad different she doesn't know. She felt like she doesn't know anything.

It all felt too dramatic to be real. Her giving presentation to Pooja Jindal, getting appreciated by her then Arjun coming as major shareholder of JP Group and almost spilling the truth, which was not true.

Then came this man; the one who called her his wife. She can't bring herself to call his name. Because for her Abhay is not just a name but a whole lot of emotions.

So she can't call him nor can she avoid him. She just didn't know what to do. For the first time in her life she felt out of control.

He claimed her to be his wife; something that Arjun was trying to convince her from past three months but she didn't believe him for a second.

And here he said it only one time but she trust this man so much that her heart is not even questioning it. It was like a part of her subconscious already knew the truth and was just waiting for him to accept it.

It was wrong on so many levels. What he did to her, what she did to him; but even then she can't bring herself to think that whatever happened that night was wrong.

Something was seriously wrong with her.

She looked around herself to see everyone looking at her as if expecting her to say something. Did someone ask anything to her? She didn't know. She wasn't paying attention. Her inner turmoil was too much to pay attention to anything being said outside. She just wanted to run away from there and arrange her wayward thoughts into something sensible. She wanted to escape.

She felt someone squeezing her hand in a gentle manner and looked up to see him.

Mr. Stranger.

Her husband.

Abhay Singh.

She looked in his charcoal black eyes and this time it was not to read him but to search something familiar... and she was not surprised to found the familiar emotion in them.

One that she has seen on that night in Vegas; which was pleading her to not leave him alone; in the crowd and something broke inside her.

That something which made her fall for him, in the first place and so she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them, this time with only one purpose, which was to go out of this room as gracefully as she entered.

Their life was mess but it was their mess and she can't let outsiders have the pleasure of seeing Vaishali Khanna Singh breaking down.

Yes, she is the wife of Abhay Singh, without any doubts but there are infinite questions inside her which she will ask him when the time comes but right now she has to clear the mess they all have created. They have made a big drama of her life, even after knowing how much this presentation meant to her.

So she focussed her attention on Pooja who was looking at her with a calm face but a distant look in her eyes as if waiting for her reaction to Abhay's expression.

Vaish felt as if she was being judged, with all eyes on her and everyone waiting for her to open her mouth to either accept or deny Abhay's statement, or to just say something...anything about it.